Skip to main content
index page

insurance, scam

Submitted by on Tue, 12/28/2010 - 12:21
Credits:
[Donate]

I took out a $3,000 loan suggested by the Eye Center of TX. I was called and ask if I wanted insurance, $1.50 a month, sounded fair. The first bill was for $98.00, which was suppose to be $125.00 and a $12.03 amount added, I didn't notice it. The second month $47.29 was added and the third month it was $47.29. I called and they told me the insurance was $1.50 per hundred, which was a rediculous amount. The deal was to pay $125.00 a month for two years and the Eye Center would pay the interest. I am paying today to get me caught up on the amount I am suppose to pay but I notice there is a $2.00 charge, which has never been mentioned. I plan to stay up to date with no other charges and if there is I will take to someone to take care of it for me. :twisted:

Let me ask you whether you did your insurance registration over the phone or with the help of your insurance agent face to face. If you did the registration over the phone, then the agent may have missed out the information regarding paying $1.50 per hundred. However, I hope after the phone registration, you must have received the paperwork. Didn't you go through it to know the terms and conditions? If you haven't read through the documents, then it will be considered as your fault.

If you made the insurance registration face to face with your agent, then I guess the agent may have filled out the form for you. Haven't you read the form before signing it? If you read through the documents and did not find such a clause mentioned in the docs, then it will be considered as a fault on the part of the insurance company. In that case, you can contact your State Department of Insurance and file a complaint against the insurance company.

Submitted by Anna Sweeting on Tue, 12/28/2010 - 23:17

Anna Sweeting

( Posts: 1827 | Credits: )

Anna has the right approach towards going at it. If it's got to be $1.50 per hundred then it should amount to $1.50X30=45.00 dollars. I have no explanation for the additional $2.29 billed to you. If it's being charged as a processing fee, it has to be mentioned in your papers.

I'd suggest you to go through your insurance paper work NOW in order to get clarified with the additional charges mentioned in it. Make sure you read through the terms and conditions carefully, especially the clauses depicting the add-ons and policy exclusions. Do keep in touch.

Submitted by Jeorge Preston on Tue, 12/28/2010 - 23:29

Jeorge Preston

( Posts: 180 | Credits: )