Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Creditors and collection agencies address book forums

Open your fingerhut credit account - Apply today, buy today

member profile picture

I am trying to find information regarding this account. I want to pay it off and have it removed from my credit report. I don't even remember opening this account. Please help!!

I am assisting a blind disable Fingerhut card holder. I recently mailed a request for debt forgiveness due to age of the account, faithfullness
of prior payments, Income is through SSI, no charges in several years, and last but not least, her home was completely destoyed by Hurricane Katrina.

Will you please provide the proper website in order to further assist my the cardholder who again is blind.

Email deleted as per forum rules-Vikas

Sub: #21 posted on Mon, 01/23/2006 - 11:29


:?: I am assisting a blind, Hurricane Katrina
Evacuee who is a card holder of Fingerhut. The account is extremely old, and although she only receives SSI, she has faithfully made payments.
Her home was completely destroyed by Katrina and
currently she resides in temporary housing. Please
provide the website that can further assist me that I may further assist the card holder in the forgiveness of her debt to your company.

Anita Foster Larkin,
Long Term Recovery Organization
Serving the BlackBelt Counties of Alabama

Sub: #22 posted on Mon, 01/23/2006 - 11:36


Hi Anita,

This is debt consolidation Care forum and the page you are viewing is one from the database that gathers feedback on Fingerhut Credit Advantage.

Please forward your request to Fingerhut. You can collect their address from the previous page of this thread. Or you can do a BBB search to get more info about this company. Hope this helps.

Sub: #23 posted on Mon, 01/23/2006 - 11:53

4u.bryan 4u.bryan

(Posts: 819 | Credits: )

The old Fingerhut accounts were transfered over to Comp U Credit in 2002. The only way to contact them is by mail or via fax (320)229-8583. The current fingethut customer service listed above will not help with these old accounts. Do you have a direct contact # for Comp U Credit. I can not find anything online.

Sub: #24 posted on Wed, 01/25/2006 - 13:24



Try this number: 800-900-4111

CompuCredit is an alias of Fingerhut. Please come back and post here if this number helps.

Sub: #25 posted on Wed, 01/25/2006 - 13:36

stanley stanley

(Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

i have tried to contact fingerhut to pay off my acct.
i call the 18009004111 to talk to someon and all i got was a recording and a fax number. all i want to do is to clear my credit. i don't owe them anything because i never had an account with them. can you help me.

Sub: #26 posted on Tue, 01/31/2006 - 07:27



Welcome to forums :D

Please go through this entire thread. Forum members have posted their feedback on Fingerhut Credit Advantage here. Some of them have mentioned their contact address also. You can try this info.

Fingerhut Credit Advantage is listed as Universal Fidelity Corporation with BBB. You can search BBB database, lots of additional address and phone numbers are listed there. it might help you to get in touch with them.

Once you have their address send them DV through CMRRR. They should respond to your query within 30 days of receiving the mail. If they cannot validate the debt, there is no question of paying it back.

If you need any more info, just post your query in forums.

Sub: #27 posted on Tue, 01/31/2006 - 09:09

4u.bryan 4u.bryan

(Posts: 819 | Credits: )

My mother in law bought fingerhut in my father in laws
name. She never paid it and it was on my husbands credit report. (He has the same name as his dad).
Anyway, I keep getting calls from the colection place.
My phone # is listed as his work #. They have my father in laws address right, but they keep bugging us!!!!!
I have a letter from fingethut saying that we have been cleard, but now I can't find the paper and It is
our word agaist theirs. I don't know what else to do.

Sub: #28 posted on Wed, 02/15/2006 - 08:15


My mother in law bought fingerhut in my father in laws
name. She never paid it and it was on my husbands credit report. (He has the same name as his dad).

Joy, let me tell you, this account cannot appear in your husband's credit report. Two persons in a family might have the same name that does not mean they can impose some other's debt on you! Dispute the item with credit bureau. Your dispute should be based on SS# here. Credit bureau will run an investigation and will rectify the incorrect entries.

As per the debt is concerned, please check the SOL of your state. No one can legally force you to pay the debt if the SOL for the said account has expired. You can send them a cease & desist letter CMRRR.

You can check the SOL of your state here- l

Sub: #29 posted on Wed, 02/15/2006 - 09:09

stanley stanley

(Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

This has happened to my step dad. His name and his son's is the same. Mom provided proof that it was on the wrong credit report and they cleared up the matter. Now it is on the right report. She was told by the credit bureaus that this is common when people in a family have the same name.

Sub: #30 posted on Wed, 02/15/2006 - 09:36

Not so Lucky Not so Lucky

(Posts: 3041 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 1.522 seconds.