Skip to main content
index page

What Are You Doing Labor Day Weekend

Submitted by Frogpatch on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 06:35
Credits:
[Donate]

It is Labor Day weekend and the summer is winding down although where I live you would never know. I am getting out a little early today and putting on my shorts and flip flops, turning down the AC and cracking open a couple Rolling Rocks. My wife wants to go to the beach on Sunday hoping that Gustav will churn the water enough that it gives up some nice shells. I am hoping that Gustav stays away from New Orleans or any other populated area.
So what are you all doing this weekend? Whatever it is, make it a safe and happy one!!

Got family coming into town, Waterfront festival is going on all weekend. Will probably go there and listen to some jazz and eat pork chop sandwhices and funnel cakes. Monday going to a friends house for a cookout. I'm going to relax and enjoy myself then I will get back to business on Tuesday.

Submitted by PinkLady on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 13:58

PinkLady

( Posts: 1720 | Credits: )

nascar, we're praying for safety for everyone down there and watching the news hoping that it swings away from NOLA.

Since the weekend is HERE...I guess I'd better figure out what I'm doing! DS16 is off to a friend's house for the weekend, so it's just me and DS10, who just returned from the summer visit to his dad's house. Whatever we do is going to be FREE or very low cost as money is tight right now.

There is an apple orchard with a petting zoo about 15 miles away, we might go there. Or perhaps we'll just go to a local lake and go fishing. Or maybe we'll just simply stay home! Not sure yet. Whatever it is, we'll have fun doing it!

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Sat, 08/30/2008 - 06:21

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )