Skip to main content
index page

My Blog Launch

Submitted by Frogpatch on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 14:05
Credits:
[Donate]

I just wanted to tell you all that I launched my Blog today. You can find it at www.myfrogpatch.blogspot.com Can you believe there is another frogpatch out there. I hope you find it entertaining a return and also tell a friend. Thanks for visiting!

Frogpatch has little to do with frogs just as dogpatch had little to do??with dogs. In the case of Al??Capp, who created lil Abner, the??town of Dogpatch was where he lived in the mind of the author. Frogpatch is a place that exists in the mind of this??writer. For those of you who are relatively new here you may not have read Night of the Living Debt or Money Money Monkey or Sarahs Shadow. Unfortunately Night of the Living Debt??was written around people that are no longer here on this site so it would not make much sense today. I will try to write a new one this Halloween. Thanks.????

Submitted by Frogpatch on Wed, 04/01/2009 - 18:26

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

pretty cool blog frogpatch! I love yard sales and thrift stores. They are my favorite places to shop. you never know what for treasures you will find. Im not real informed about how much things are worth, but sometimes i wonder if i have passed a treasure that could be priceless. My kitchen is decorated completely in 2nd hand items, that my friends pay fortunes for. Why purchase something new that is made to look old? but they do, when you can buy the real thing. for example, one day i found this old rickety bench at our local salvation army. no way you could sit on it, it was pealing and not sturdy at all. it was 4.00. I brought it home and my dad made fun of me about what i was gonna do with this piece of "garbage" you cant even sit on it he said.

a couple of days later with a simple burlap sack and some of my favorite rag dolls that my mom made me, and a old basket, and 2 potted plants, It was beautiful. My friends are all envious of my bench. I lovebeing able to see the beauty in things that others would think was junk.

Submitted by love_my_things on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 06:11

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

Thanks everyone for stopping by my blog. I just posted a thread today about our annual easter bunny invasion that you may enjoy.
Love my Things. If it is cheap and you are not sure buy it! You're gut is usually right. I once sold an old brown paper bag that had the old style Pepsi logo for 125.00. A wooden Turkey call for 85.00 thousand of other itens. We had over 2000 feedbacks on ebay. I am writing a long story or a book on the subject but it is a project that could take a year. I still have all the ebay photos on CD. I am going to title it "You got what for that?"

Submitted by Frogpatch on Thu, 04/09/2009 - 12:02

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

that is so totally awseme! i once saw this little piece of paper here in my home, i think i kept it here some were, it was a piece of paper with my great grandfathers signature on it, and a written agreement between him and the bank. it was a iou, i kept it because its really cool.

i would love to check out your story or book let me know when its done.

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 04/09/2009 - 19:19

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

I checked it out,what a neat blog!!

You are right about special "finds". My brother had to start a small business out of his home when his wife had a stroke. He buys old fishing, hunting,primitives, etc. One day at a yard sale, he found this little jug-pot, about 4 inches high. He paid five bucks for it, and it sold on e-bay for $250.00! Turns out it is a pottery that was a special make and the letters were actually a signature.

I love to go to sales, auctions, etc. My brother and I grew up with granparents that were antique collecots, so it runs in the blood!!

Good Luck with your site, I will keep visiting!..karen

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Fri, 04/10/2009 - 08:49

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )