Skip to main content
index page

Craigslist Whats your Feeling

Submitted by Frogpatch on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 13:51
Credits:
[Donate]

I have had some reasons to post ads on Craigs list and my wife has answered several. I have very negative feelings about it. I was flagged several times by people who wanted me out of the way. I was not breaking any rules just someomes competitor. My wife who was looking for a work at home job ran into schemes and scams and all kinds marketing ploys. I think it has really become a predator haven. I just published an article about it. I would like everyones opinion. Here is a link to my article below. Please read it for an eye opener about Craigslist.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Craigs-List---A-Haven-for-Scoundrels--Cons-and-Scams

I read your article and it was pretty good.

I have used craiglist before. I bought a table off craigslist and I have gotten rid of a couple things by selling them on craigslist but you do have to watch the scams.

I never enter my name, phone or personal email when selling. The only way they can contact me is through email which allows me to weed out the scammers.

I have given several things away as well. I swear there are people that do nothing else but refresh the free stuff area. I gave away three things now and with each one I had an email with in seconds.

Submitted by nohiogal on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 04:34

nohiogal

( Posts: 2582 | Credits: )

i don't recommend them at all.a friend converted from e-bay to them.they re-converted real quick.a bad site all around.

Submitted by paulmergel on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 14:25

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I regularly read the ads on Craigslist, and have posted a few myself, without much luck. I did buy a tent on there for $25, a good deal, and it was purchased from a local person, so no scam there.

However, there's a LOT of negative press about CL lately, due to people using it to promote prostitution and weirdos using it to stalk people. IMHO, anyone looking for "love" (physical or otherwise) on CL is ASKING for trouble.

I posted in the Resumes section, offering cleaning services. All I received were 2-5 spam e-mails every single day, offering work-at-home scams.

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 16:11

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )

I use Craigslist daily to post my finacee's business, we've generated some business from it, no problem so far. BUT, I have also answered job listings, and yes, there are many many scammers out there, after awhile you kind of learn how to weed them out, not all of them but some of them. I suppose it's just a chance you have to take if you need a job, let's face it, most of America needs a job. I haven't had any luck so far seeking employment on Craigslist and have been submitting resumes for 6 mos. now, I guess that's a pretty good indication I won't. :?

Submitted by Shazzers on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 16:22

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Thank You all for your feedback! That is exactly what I wanted to hear! I have a highboy that I need to sell soon but I do not want all these strangers coming to my place to see it. I think for the 50 bucks I would get I would be better off giving it to to the hospice thrift store, which is my favorite charity, or HEP which is the Homeless Emergency Prevention center down here!

Submitted by Frogpatch on Sun, 04/19/2009 - 17:17

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

I used CL once to look up voice lessons in Reno, but otherwise for purchasing I far prefer eBay. If you pay eBay through PayPal, they guarantee up to $2000 of your purchase and I like guarantees.

With CL, there is no guarantee at all.

A Highboy? Very nice. But yeah, that could be tough to sell on eBay unless it's worth some value. If it is an antique, perhaps you could sell it at a consignment shop?

That was an interesting article about CL. "Meanwhile Mr. Jenkins and Joanie whose real names are Bobby B. Slick". Bobby B. Slick is his real name?! Really?! Wow... "This article is fiction based on similar situations that have happened." Aaaahhhh. Think they could be more clever with the "real" names? :lol:

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Wed, 05/06/2009 - 04:17

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )