index page

patricia L dearing

Submitted by on Wed, 10/18/2006 - 19:20
Credits:
[Donate]

Has any one heard of:

Patricia L. Dearing L.L.C

Out of Louisanna

My husband has been paying them for 4 years. $100 a month. His original collection was for debt $14,000.00. He's paid well over that is still owes over $16,000.00. How can this be. We asked what they were charging for interest and they told us they don't have to tell us that. I told him to stop paying that he paid his debt off a long time ago.

Submitted by on Fri, 09/26/2008 - 06:16

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I feel your pain... they contacted me 5 years ago or so claiming to own a debt by navy federal credit union... with the threats that I got from their "mrs roberts" I decided to set up a plan and just last month realized that my outstanding balance is a few thousand dollars more than what it initially was 5 years ago...

Only reason I kept paying them was to keep my credit clean but now I realize that I'll never pay them off... Hired a lawyer to get proof that the debt is valid and not written off... no progress made as of yet... good luck with everything...

Submitted by on Wed, 10/08/2008 - 12:32

I have the exact same situation as years of ignorance. I am going to stop paying them too! Please post here to let me know how it goes with you lawyer. I am trying to figure out the laws on this but i am afraid because we have been paying them that opens the stautes of limitations all over again!

Submitted by on Tue, 11/11/2008 - 18:29

Does anyone have any further information on this company. We have been contacted by them as well for a Navy Federal debt. The woman (I assumed her name was Patricia Dearing, but maybe that's the company name) acts like she is in contact with Navy Federal but something is very fishy. We are trying to negotiate but supposedly NFCU declines our offers. Only the one she suggests is ok'd by them. However, we can't ever verify that she is in contact with them at all. Does nyone have any suggestions? We haven't actually paid anything but she (Patricia Dearing) has filed suit in the name of NFCU. We don't want to go to court but we're afraid of actually paying when there are so many uncertainties ...

Submitted by on Wed, 04/08/2009 - 19:45

Obvious Scam, just another pathetic debt collector, that utilizes a different method, her or her company is not registered under the LA state businesses, anyone can sign up to a stupid lawyer website, so your name pulls up there, its a rather sad and pathetic attempt to collect. But ultimately she is violating the FDCPA by falsifying information about being a lawyer and sueing, etc. Just ignore her, or do as I do, call the number (if its still available) and just say hi, don't talk about anything with money or collections, talk about stupid stuff like weather, cars, etc. When they change the subject back to collections, ask em stupid questions like "I wonder if they sell milk at the gas station" eventually they'll get tired of talking to you and hang up. You'll get the last laugh regardless though. But anyways, ignore this hooker, cheap scam

Submitted by on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 07:47

Patricia Lynn Pollock Dearing
Age 57
Home Address - 1390 Ashton Ct, Slidell, LA 70460
Home Phone - 985-646-2833
Personal Email - [email]pdearing@gmail.com[/email]

Work Address - 3330 W. Esplanade Ave S, Ste 515, Metairie, LA 70002
Work Email - [email]patricia@pdearing.com[/email]
Work Phone - 504-831-0064 / 0763

Husbands Information:
Reinhold Josef Dearing
DOB - May 1947
Age - 63
Retired Slidell Police Department Jan 12, 2007
Army Vietnam Veteran 1968-1973
Earned Masters Degree at LSU
Taught History at University of Southern Mississippi

Home Address - 1390 Ashton Ct, Slidell, LA 70460
Home Phone - 985-646-2833
Two Dogs: Rottweiler & Pitbull (Bebe Varina & Beauregard)

Sons Contact Information:
Bradford Ashton Dearing
US Merchant Marine Academy 2001-2003
DOB - Aug 1983
Age - 26
6'1"
Atheist
Active in Civil War Reinactments / Cannon Cocker

Home Address: 40589 Chinchas Creek Rd, Slidell LA 70461
Home Phone: 985-661-1893 / 985-646-2833 / 985-726-9816
Co-Owner of Southern Pride Landscaping
Dating a girl named Tracy from Honolulu, HA
X-Ray Assistant

ENJOY.....

Submitted by on Tue, 04/21/2009 - 08:48

In 2001 I had a balance I owed to a school I went to of $468 (for 8 days I had to go past graduation because THEY screwed up). I was paying it to the National Loan Servicing Center. I had paid off $350 of it and luckily I had the forethought to print out copies of my online statements from NLSC that showed the payments, plus i had the check copies from the bank that proved they had cleared. Then I started getting calls from Patricia Dearing trying to collect the whole $468. She was very snotty on the phone. I told her that I had already paid $350 of it and she insisted I was lying, so I faxed her the proof that I had paid it. She called me back and apologized and said she would check into it. She called me back a day or two later and said that she was very sorry, but NLSC had no idea where the money had gone, but it didn't go to the school. Her solution? She told me I was just going to have to pay it all over again. Like hell!! I told her I'd pay the other $118 I owed, but there is no way I was paying the $350 all over again. It's not my fault that NLSC was incompetent and the school needs to collect the money from them. What kind of "attorney" tells you to pay it all over again after you've given them proof you've paid and they know it's not your fault? She eventually quit calling.

Submitted by on Thu, 05/14/2009 - 09:51

I recieved many phone calls from this VERY RUDE, Loud, OBNOXIOUS, "Patricia Dearing" "Mrs. Brown" and "Mrs Roberts" and they actually yelled at me over the phone, very sarcastic and down right unprofessional, and eventually ended up hanging up on me. Some "attorney". It was over a defaulted loan i had through Marine Federal Credit Union. I did NOT feel comfortable sending money to them so I called MFCU who were friendly and made arrangements with them for monthly payments. I then called "Patricia Dearing" back to let them know I had taken care of it through MFCU and she then became MORE angry and RUDE, yelling at me saying that she would get my money one way or another, and HUNG UP ON ME. I dont know who these people are, but they should not be in buisness IF they are even a real buisness. All i can reccommend is to contact the original lender and make arrangements with them and NOT PATRICIA DEARINGS PEOPLE. If everyone does that maybe they will be forced out of buisness. They are VERY UNPLEASANT PEOPLE, and should be shut down in my opinion!

Submitted by on Thu, 06/04/2009 - 14:59

Just got off the phone with them for the third time in two days. I have not had any problems with them being rude to me and my ex-husband advised I call a lawyer about the debt we shared through Marine Federal Credit Union and once I called the lawyer, got his free consolation, I Dearing's office back and told them that the Statute of Limitations on a repossession debt collection is four years in the state of Texas. She checked her information and came up with the same. We will see what happens from here.

Submitted by on Fri, 08/14/2009 - 09:30

Received a letter asking for a collection of over $5000 for a loan that was paid off 6 years ago at my divorce which, directly and indirectly, involved 3 attorneys on my side and one on my ex's.
I replied with that exact mention and expect they'll ignore my letter and keep sending nasties.

Submitted by on Sun, 03/07/2010 - 06:38

they keep callin me as if im in trouble with the law, i owe money to a school, i will deal with the school not some 3rd party un named business and attorneys office that is not even in my state, and also they yelled and were sarcastic also, telln me "ur so interested it sounds that u are who we are lookn for"....they juss wastin their time callin me cuz i aint payin sh*t

Submitted by on Mon, 06/07/2010 - 11:07

this is my family. i can honestly tell you the only two people you have to worry about is patricia and bradford. reinhard has nothing to do with fraud. he is a retired politician and is trying to live out his life peacefully, but with a son like bradford this is impossible. the home address you have for patricia is incorrect. reinhard and her live in seperate homes and that is is home address. i hope you all can figure out what is going on with her "business" because i do believe she is involved in many illegalities and fraud.

Submitted by on Wed, 06/23/2010 - 22:01

I called Marine Federal Credit Union to verify that this law firm is valid. They told me they were and were liceansed in all 50 states. In talking with Mrs Roberts I lowered my debt from 2400 to 2100 and will have it payed off in 4 monthly payments. If you approach this like an adult and not like a baby who doesn't want to pay back your debt then they are very well mannered. I have not had any problems with this firm as of yet, and can only imagine what they put up with day in and day out. Also, this is not a collection agency, they work directly for Marine Federal Credit Union (and others) and do not buy debt.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/09/2010 - 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I called Marine Federal Credit Union to verify that this law firm is valid. They told me they were and were liceansed in all 50 states. In talking with Mrs Roberts I lowered my debt from 2400 to 2100 and will have it payed off in 4 monthly payments. If you approach this like an adult and not like a baby who doesn't want to pay back your debt then they are very well mannered. I have not had any problems with this firm as of yet, and can only imagine what they put up with day in and day out. Also, this is not a collection agency, they work directly for Marine Federal Credit Union (and others) and do not buy debt.

please save the humanoid lies for the phones okay?i know for a fact they are not licensed in IL.so keep the bullsh*t,because i'm not buying.btw banks or credit unions don't let collectors reduce debt.only JDB'S will.nice try.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 07/09/2010 - 13:39

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
this is my family. i can honestly tell you the only two people you have to worry about is patricia and bradford. reinhard has nothing to do with fraud. he is a retired politician and is trying to live out his life peacefully, but with a son like bradford this is impossible. the home address you have for patricia is incorrect. reinhard and her live in seperate homes and that is is home address. i hope you all can figure out what is going on with her "business" because i do believe she is involved in many illegalities and fraud.

You are pathetic

Submitted by on Thu, 07/22/2010 - 07:25

All agencies charge the maximum finance charge allowable by law. You have to set payment terms with them which include stopping finance charges and make them send it to you in writing. Read the laws of your stated with concern to finance charges. They will always settle your balance in full for 40% even if you break it up over 6 months.....just agree on an amount and get it in writing.

Submitted by on Sun, 02/13/2011 - 09:47

You should report this firm to your local attorney generals office for fraud if she is not licensed in your state. Also, Louisiana has a Better Business Bureau for complaints and I am sure there are other agencies that would be happy to take your complaint. The best way to stop this irresponsible behavior is to stop her legally.

Submitted by on Sat, 03/19/2011 - 18:17

It is a real place and she is a real attorney and debt collection agency.the debt you owe has been sent to them for collection,and yes,they are in direct contact with navy/army fcu.if one of the collectors are rude,its because you are blowing off the debt you owe,and are probably notreturning phone calls or setting up a payment plan.debt collectors ALL talk like that on the phone because they want you to know that they are serious.it does not matter where she(patricia dearing)holds a licence,the firm is a debt collection agency as well as other things.that is where your debt has been sent to be collected.ive delt with Ms Roberts as well,at first she was like any other collector,slightly rude,and very commanding.but I set up my payment plan,and because I get paid differntly than most,I am not able to make payments the same time every month,and explained that to her.now when she calls when Im late,she just goes through the motions of doing her job,and just to jot down that she called.to get them off your back,try answering and setting up a plan.they work with me very well.im almost paid up on my nfcu note.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/27/2011 - 19:39

"paulmergel" you obviously have issues that are so deeply ingrained you don't discuss them, or post about your complaints, choosing only to comment on the complaints that other people have. Put down the Cheetos, get off the couch, go to work and pay your debts, like the rest of America. Quit whining.

Submitted by on Wed, 05/18/2011 - 14:11

I've been paying Patricia L. Dearing, L.L.C. a debt for a credit card that went to collections for a long time and they are really an understanding L.L.C. as far as L.L.C.'s go.:D[SIZE=2][FONT="][/FONT][/SIZE]

Submitted by on Mon, 07/18/2011 - 09:17

I am Bradford Dearing, her son, and I can assure you she is legit. You don't have to believe me. You people need to stop getting mad at the collection agency because you won't or can't pay your debt. You should not have borrowed money that you couldn't pay back it's simple. To the person that says they are family and my father has nothing to do with the scam is obviously a liar because it is not a scam. It is my mothers job and in fact you probably never talk to my mother because she has a separate office from her main practice that handles collections. Pay your debts, stop whining, and grow up.

Submitted by tigertuffb on Fri, 10/14/2011 - 09:27

tigertuffb

( Posts: | Credits: )

You need to grow up Bradford. Maybe if your mother spent more time in the collection office that carries her name she wouldnt be sued so often for FDCPA violations resulting from lack of supervision of her employees. It is not difficult to find law suits against your mother and her agency on the internet. Your collectors like to break the law!

People owe debts...they are not criminals. They deserve to be treated with respect. Maybe you dont know anything about trying to make ends meet, especially in this economy. Now go back to your civil war enactment games or maybe open a newspaper to see what unemployment is like.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Fri, 10/14/2011 - 10:02

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

it's the fact that alot of debt they buy(yes buy)is proven to be past SOL as some posts here state.maybe that is why any humanoid candya$$ needs to use terms like "grow up" "pay your debts"and "quit whining"places like this are a pox the entire collection industry.btw to #34 i will keep right on defending people and giving actual info on dirt like this.so as far as the couch and cheetos reference goes.right back at you junior.last thing i know the post was from may,but i couldn't resist responding anyway.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 10/14/2011 - 11:19

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )