Skip to main content
index page

Looking for Inspiration and Hope

Submitted by on Sun, 02/21/2010 - 15:39
Credits:
[Donate]

I can't log in for some reason so i'm just posting ... this site has been great for me in the past...but now i worry even more about financial future. It took me a while to get myself back to stable finances with paying off past errors, and i certainly learned my lesson with debt and everything else, not that im fully out of it yet and still repairing credit...but i'm pretty responsible, live within means, etc...but i just have to wonder...how in the world do people do it?
I make okay money, a bit over 36k in PA...not great, but certainly not poverty. My GF makes about 44k...we are starting to talk about marriage and long term plans and I just wonder how do people managed everything? how do people pay for things like weddings and houses when they also have car and student loan payments?
If anyone has a story or something to share, please do...if there's a good resource out there, please let me know! I know you can't advertise on here i get that that's not what this is about, but if you have something let me know and i can email you or something (once i can log in!)

Hi Unregistered,

Have you tried mailing Jason regarding your login problem? Many members are having this issue recently. So, hopefully the admin is already aware of it and looking into it.

Anyway, regarding managing everything, you have already learnt the lesson that you have to, 'living within the means'. For marriage, if your budget doesn't permit, don't plan anything extravagant and keep it simple. I'm sure people would still understand the sentiment even if you don't have something grand. There are more than 101 ways to be frugal, search for them and also at the same time try to devise something of your own.

Hopefully, others too would share their stories here.

BTW, glad to know that you're making your way out of your debt mess successfully.

Submitted by SC on Mon, 02/22/2010 - 21:45

SC

( Posts: 3937 | Credits: )