Skip to main content
index page

A member needs help!

Submitted by goudah2424 on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 09:18
Credits:
[Donate]

I know times are really tough right now for everyone . . . . . That being said, one of our members here really needs some help. At this time, she wishes for me not to post her name here, but you can PM me and I will telll you who it is.

Pretty much, to make a long story short, this member has been screwed by their employer on their paycheck, is getting half the normal income for the summer because of child support being decreased, and is in some real trouble right now trying to find the money for the basic necessary expenses needed to live. This person has kids, and really needs the help and support of this forum.

This person is one of the "cornerstones" of DCC. They've been here for years, and have helped countless people. It's our time to help her - Even if it's only a dollar or 50 cents, it's something. I've donated all my points I had to them, and if there is anyone out there that can do the same, it going to a good place.

I also want to note that I'm doing this on my own - Any donations please PM me and I will tell you who to donate to. Do not donate to me. I know this person needs help, but it can be hard to ask sometimes. I can understand not wanting to ask for help, but sometimes it's necessary.

So please, anyone - Even 50 cents. That's just a few posts. And it could make a world of difference for someone else.

Quote:

My friends -

Thank you so much for your generosity in helping me in a time of need. Your kindness means so much to me, and I will never forget what you've done for me. My financial crisis is far from over, but this helps me "get over the hump" so to speak. I look forward to helping others in the future in the same way.

Thank you again!

Submitted by goudah2424 on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 07:10

goudah2424

( Posts: 7935 | Credits: )

Having "been there, done that, and got the T-shirt to prove it" from needing financial help, I'm really glad when we can come together as a community to help someone that needs it. I know from personal experience what it is like to need help and not want to publicly ask for it because I felt embarrassed.

Now that my own personal situation has improved, I'm all too happy to help whoever and whenever I can.

Submitted by FloridaRon on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 15:58

FloridaRon

( Posts: 1190 | Credits: )