Skip to main content
index page

phishing sites

Submitted by on Mon, 11/20/2006 - 07:48
Credits:
[Donate]

My wife and I had gotten to the point, after several years of diligence, of overcoming the effects of 2 people having to live on less than $450. a month. We decided to try to get a credit card to help build our credit and had looked at several offers online. We decided to go with an Acclaim Bank offer. I filled out the application and the document came up for my electronic signature. I read the document and it was not the offer we had agreed to so I clicked on cancel and went back to the main screen. The offer that we had agreed to was gone.
Since then, this site, without an authorizing signature, has withdrawn $159.00 from our account for set up fees 5 times and now, more recently, has started taking $590. from our account. As it turns out, this was not the real Acclaim Bank site. It is an offshore company that withdraws the money on a Friday, holds it in an offshore for several days, then when the bank does a stop payment, returns the money. They do this to 1000s of people and gain who knows how much in interest.
This has trashed my checking account. They have, as of this morning, caused me not to be able to see my doctor because the payment I gave them bounced and I can't go in until I pick up the check. I have severe arthritis and have gotten to the point where all I can take is narcotic pain medication and that has to be re-written monthly. Now, I am sitting here without it because I don't have the $75 to cover the check.
I can't afford to change my account right now. I can't buy the checks. My wife and I will have a very dubious Thanksgiving.

I am sorry to hear about your problems. You need to go to your bank and explain the problem to the supervisor. Tell him that the application form was having the wrong terms you never signed for. The company is making illegal debits from your account after you have cancelled their application form. Your bank may block the company from doing further debits.

This seems to be a forged contract and you need to report to your attorney general, FTC and the local BBB. Request them to conduct an investigation urgently.

Submitted by GunsNroses on Mon, 11/20/2006 - 08:57

GunsNroses

( Posts: 485 | Credits: )