Skip to main content
index page

OOH The SCAM! We were JUST talking about this!!!!

Submitted by Creditor Schmedator on Wed, 11/22/2006 - 11:36
Credits:
[Donate]

This lady calls just now about some Gold Visa, says she needs to verify my account information so "if I want cash advances the money can be debited right to my account" I told her no thanks, If I need a cash advance I just use the card at the ATM machine. She says well we still need your account information to verify it is an open account. I say, what does my checking accoutn info have to do with my credit card? She gets flustered and says that that is how they verify if I am qualified or not. I told her I was not comfortable giving my information, she starts reading from some other script and I just say thank you and hang up. I have a Capital One card, a PNC bank credit card and a Chase Mastercard and they never ONCE asked for my checking information! Ha!

Good for you! You were alert and didn't give out your checking account info for credit card verification. If they have to verify something, they can contact other companies you have the card with and know about you. It is dangerous that such companies are using shady tricks and get access to people's accounts.

Submitted by Trenity on Wed, 11/22/2006 - 11:43

Trenity

( Posts: 505 | Credits: )

I had the same thing happen to me about a month or so ago. A foreign lady called me saying they were getting ready to ship my prescriptions that I had ordered and they needed to verify that the info they had about my account was correct. I kept telling her that I don't order prescriptions through the mail, and she just kept telling me, "we have your order right here, processed and ready to go." So I asked her "who do I bank with?" Needless to say, she couldn't answer me and just hung up.

Submitted by brownsugar on Wed, 11/22/2006 - 15:47

brownsugar

( Posts: 1389 | Credits: )