Skip to main content
index page

1998 Identity theft

Submitted by on Thu, 12/28/2006 - 16:24
Credits:
[Donate]

In 1998 I started receiving calls from collection agency. At first I just blew it off that they had the wrong person because I pay my bills and had never ever had a collection agency call me. After trying to explain to them it wasn't me I finally contacted an attorney who wrote to them and also I contacted the credit bureau. Thought everything had been taken care of. In 2000 once again another collection agency started calling.. Same account from 1998. I found out the first collection agency sold to 2nd collection agency. So my attorney sent information to them. Everything was fine till now. 3rd collection just sent me collection letter with same account as first collection agency. Must of been sold to 3rd collection agency. My thought is why didn't the first collection agency do something with this account? Do I have to do something everytime a collection agency decides to sell accounts. I feel like this night mare will never end. Any suggestions?

Ronda

RWOLFE -

I'm so sorry to hear of the problems you're having. I hope you are able to get this straightened out soon. Please keep us posted on your progress, and post any questions or concerns you might have.

Since you have registered with this site, a debt counselor will be calling you to talk about debt consolidation or settlement. You may choose to use their services or not, it's up to you.

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Thu, 12/28/2006 - 17:06

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )