Skip to main content
index page

Important info for Florida residence

Submitted by Not so Lucky on Tue, 01/30/2007 - 14:22
Credits:
[Donate]

Quote:
Attorney General Urges Caution in Wake of ID Theft from Florida Stores

TALLAHASSEE - Attorney General Bill McCollum today issued a consumer alert following the recent theft of data involving customers’ information from numerous Florida stores. Consumers who may have used credit cards at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, AJ Wright or HomeGoods stores between May 2003 and December 2006 should closely monitor their financial statements and credit reports, McCollum cautioned.

TJX Companies, Inc., the parent company of TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and A.J. Wright stores, recently reported that its computer systems were hacked late last year and customer data had been stolen. Company officials said the hackers broke into a system that manages credit and debit card transactions as well as checks and merchandise returns for customers throughout the United States and possibly elsewhere. It is not yet known how much or what kind of information may have been taken. Florida has 55 T.J. Maxx stores, 60 Marshalls stores, 22 HomeGoods stores and two A.J. Wright stores.

“Identity theft steals not only money, but also a person’s good name and reputation,” McCollum said. “I am pleased that this company is working diligently to protect its customers. I encourage all Floridians to be aware and active in protecting themselves.”

According to TJX, the company has identified consumers whose credit card and other purchase information has been accessed by unauthorized third parties. The company has also notified affected credit card companies and banks. Affected consumers may call TJX's toll-free special assistance number, 1-866-484-6978.

If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, report this to the police and then request that the national credit bureaus place a fraud alert on your credit report. Notify banks and creditors involved of questionable charges or accounts. Keep records of all telephone calls and follow up in writing with credit bureaus, banks and creditors. Victims may call the Attorney General's Fraud Hotline at 1-866-9-NO-SCAM (1-866-966-7226). They may also visit the Attorney General's website at http://myfloridalegal.com.

i want to say again is a great information here.if you live in Florida read it.IF you didnt live in Florida read it either.it is very good to learn useful things with the wonderful and caring members of this forum.
i'm telling the truth always.i never in my life told any lies.i love debt consolidation Care members because this forum is an authentic forum with great people that never lie and always help people that needs help.
No Bad people go to tell Lies about the Hardworking
and Wonderful People OF this Forum.

Submitted by tsacgiv on Thu, 04/19/2007 - 09:27

tsacgiv

( Posts: 2106 | Credits: )