Share post
member profile picture

What do you do when someone close to you has opened credit cards in your name? I found this out after they passed away. I have paid on this the last two months, because I didn't think I had any other outlet.

Since the loan application was not authorized by you, it would be treated as a case of identity theft. So I think you should visit the FTC website and file a complaint of identity theft and become a registered victim. You should also stop making further payments towards the debt.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 07/09/2009 - 05:42

(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

Also, contact the cc companies and dispute the charges. It might be a bigger pain since you have made payments,but they should be informed of your situation.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 07/10/2009 - 00:41

amyw2003 amyw2003

(Posts: 109 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.710 seconds.