Skip to main content
index page

Online fraud

Submitted by Ashley brown on Wed, 06/20/2018 - 21:24

I lost my arm card which had my pin number and online banking password on it. Which is stupid of me. Who ever found my card deposited a fake check into my account and withdrew 2900 dollars. I reported it the day it happened to the bank and filed a police report. They opened an investigation to pull camera footage to prove it wasn't me. Now the bank is holding my responsible for paying the money back. What can I do??

Show the police record to the bank to prove that you lost the card. If they still force you for the money, then talk to a lawyer for help. You might get a better solution from the lawyer.

How about the latest update about the camera footage? Once you get the report, the bank has to rely on you.

Submitted by Sanders Patricia on Fri, 06/22/2018 - 05:09

Sanders Patricia

( Posts: 1241 | Credits: )

What can you do? Well, you have already done what could be done in this stage. You have reported the matter to the cops. You shouldn't pay a penny. By the way, when did you report the incident to the cops? The day you lost the card or the day when thief took out the money from your account? Much depends on this.

Submitted by SC on Tue, 06/26/2018 - 21:16


( Posts: 3937 | Credits: )