Skip to main content
index page

Do I have to report my identity theft promptly? Where should I call?

Submitted by Calvin on Thu, 09/08/2016 - 23:02

If someone becomes a victim of identity theft, what should he/she do? I think one has to inform the credit card company without wasting any time. But, is there any phone no. where one should call?

You need to report it immediately without wasting any time.
Report the theft to the FTC
File a report with your local police deptt
Place a fraud alert on your credit report and get copies of that
Also inform the companies where you’ve come to know that the fraud has happened

Submitted by Good Nelly on Fri, 09/09/2016 - 03:13

Good Nelly

( Posts: 2846 | Credits: )

I fully agree with GOODNELLY. Apart from her suggestions, you may also consider below-given steps to repair your damage:

Close any accounts that you've recently opened in your name

Call the fraud department and remove absurd charges from your account

Inform each of the three main credit bureaus and correct your credit report, their contact numbers are -
1-800-680-7289 (, 1-888-397-3742 ( and 1-800-525-6285 (

Initiate an extended fraud alert or credit freeze by contacting the credit bureaus.

Submitted by tiarajoseph11 on Fri, 09/16/2016 - 06:42


( Posts: 473 | Credits: )