Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Identity theft - scams and security forums

What to do if you're a victim of tax identity theft

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

What to do if you're a victim of tax identity theft

RS Identity Protection Specialized Unit at 1-800-908-4490 to report the fraud. You can also report it to your nearest police station.

Sub: #1 posted on Fri, 06/14/2019 - 04:06

Sanders Patricia Sanders Patricia

(Posts: 1239 | Credits: )

When you're a victim of identity-theft, you should take these 5 steps immediately:

1. Inform the bank or credit union that a fraudulent activity has taken place.
2. Place a fraud alert on your credit report.
3. Order a copy of your credit report and find out if there are any fraudulent activity.
4. Register a formal complaint with the FTC.
5. Lodge a complaint with the police.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 06/14/2019 - 04:34

Nick Jonas Nick Jonas

(Posts: 428 | Credits: )

Call to IRS 1-800-908-4490 and report your complain. You may also complete IRS Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit and print and mail or fax according to the instructions. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at or the FTC Identity Theft Hotline at 1-877-438-4338 or TTY 1-866-653-4261.
You may file a police report with your local law enforcement agency.

Sub: #3 posted on Tue, 06/18/2019 - 02:29

tiarajoseph11 tiarajoseph11

(Posts: 470 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.381 seconds.