Skip to main content
index page

How do get boxes to ship books at amazon or things at ebay?

Submitted by on Thu, 05/29/2008 - 14:11
Credits:
[Donate]

I am trying to sell books on amazon media mail. Where do I get boxes to mail the books, does the post office provide them.

Thanks!!!

The only boxes provided free of charge by the USPS are Priority Mail boxes and supplies for Priority Mail (tape, labels, etc.) They do not provide boxes for Media Mail, which is what you would want to use to ship books (slower shipping, but the cheapest way to go).

I would not recommend purchasing any boxes, as that eats into your profits. Check local stores for boxes, especially dollar-type stores. They generally have a variety of boxes of all sizes.

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Thu, 05/29/2008 - 17:43

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )

It all depends on what your profit margin is, or what you want it to be. I've purchased bubble mailers for books in the past, when I was selling a large number of books - but my profit margin dropped dramatically, as books don't generally sell for a high dollar amount on Ebay - depending on what they are. If you have something rare or antique and in excellent shape, you can do well with it - but if it's rare or antique, you'll want to protect it better during shipping than using a bubble mailer.

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Sun, 06/01/2008 - 12:27

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )