Skip to main content
index page

Anyone know about selling Avon?

Submitted by DirtPoor08 on Tue, 10/07/2008 - 19:13
Credits:
[Donate]

I am already working 2 jobs, but really need to get some extra money in!!! Anyone ever sell Avon? Is it worth it? Any out of pocket fees? Can you provide some details on how it works? And how much money can you make?

Thanks!

You might want to also looking into The Traveling Vineyard, they are also in the home party business, where you conduct in-home wine tastings. I've been doing this successfully for almost 4 years myself. People are excited to attend, its lots of fun and doesn't feel like work.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/14/2008 - 10:59

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

i know a lady that sells avon, i used to work with her... She did wonderful, she made lots of money just by people coming up to HER and asking her to see her catalog. It is a wonderful thing if you can build up a quick client base.. otherwise it could take a while...but now a days you need to have some patience in the field of making money, nothing comes easy at all... so hang in there... im working on finding some good extra income opportunities and i will for sure keep you updated on my success and my failures. have a good one!

Submitted by abbytroyer52107 on Sat, 11/15/2008 - 07:56

abbytroyer52107

( Posts: 13 | Credits: )

A lot of people that sell Avon or Mary Kay do make decent money, however you have to be good at it. I tried selling Cutco and Mary Kay and have determined that I'm the worst sales person imaginable. I just can't push or try to convince people that they should buy stuff they don't want. Some of my friends bought stuff because they felt sorry for me, but honestly, sales is definitely not my calling. I've heard that Mary Kay is easier to sell than Avon and the benefits for the actual sales people are better, so if you haven't already started doing that, you might want to look into Mary Kay. The only BAD thing is that there is a start-up cost for Mary Kay, and probably for Avon too, since you have to have an inventory to start out with. I think they recommend spending $300 to build up your inventory, but the LEAST amount out of pocket that you have to spend initially is around $100 I think.

Submitted by regbyandjulie on Thu, 04/23/2009 - 09:19

regbyandjulie

( Posts: 144 | Credits: )

There is also Pampered Chef, which I have started doing. There is a fee for your kit....$155, but you do get approx $500 worth of products and your initial paperwork. I know until June they are offering a mini kit for $65. All the products in your kit you get to keep and use. It also allows you a chance to earn what they call PC dollars, which you can use to purchase additional products and supplies for your kit. You do not have to buy a new kit every month or so, you can just get what you want (which you can purchase at a discounted rate) and it is yours to keep. You also have the opportunity to earn trips (my director is in Paris right now!!!) and other things. This is just an option because before I did this, I was looking at Avon, but there are so many Avon reps around here. The thing for me, is PC was something I was already using and liked. I will PM you my website so you can check it out and if you have any questions you can let me know.

Submitted by 2nband on Thu, 04/23/2009 - 09:54

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )

I sell avon and I love it! if you need any help just e-mail me

No solicitation permitted per the TOS. Shazzers

Submitted by on Wed, 08/19/2009 - 09:49

im not sure about avon, but i considered the adult novelty stuff and frankly i know i could have made a killin i just dont have the money for the initial investment. we dont have any adult stores around here and i know tons of fun girls!

but the start up cost is high. but if you had the start up money you make 50% profit. Now around here avon ladies and mary kay are a dime a dozen so i know that wouldnt work out in my area

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:50

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

i agree ^^ we have some adult stores in a town that is not too far from me but those things still make a killing! lol
we have some avon here, not so many mary kay.. that is why i considered an online shop.. i still would not want to invest money in anything at this time though.

Submitted by bea2ls on Thu, 08/27/2009 - 11:07

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )

me either! i just dont have it at the time. for whatever reason people are willing to spend money on that sort of thing even during a recession! maybe having FUN at home is still cheaper i am waiting for another baby boom!LOL! theres nothing really that we can afford at the moment other than watching tv and having whoopie. so what the heck!

they do have a 100.00 kit but nothing really in it the next size is 200 and is well worth the money but out of my price range so it will have to wait till i feel better about our situation

Submitted by love_my_things on Thu, 08/27/2009 - 18:01

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )

Selling Avon is very easy. The startup cost for your kit is $10, at your appointment, you will receive two $5 vouchers for credit to your account, making it free! You talk to friends and family and give them brochures. People order from you, you place an order every two weeks or every "campaign" and depending on how much you sell, youmake a percentage. When you are a new rep, your first 4 campaigns are a guaranteed 50% earnings when your order totals $50 or more. The sky is the limit, but like anything else in life, you get what you put into it. The more you talk about it and promote it, the more successful and profitable you will be! For any more questions or info, please feel free to email me anytime, if you like, check out my Avon site, I believe there is a link with more info about selling Avon as well. hope this helps!
(Link Removed by Shazzers as solicitations are against TOS rules)

Link removed. Please read TERMS OF SERVICE for a more detailed description regarding advertising. Shazzers

Submitted by on Sun, 01/17/2010 - 18:56

is there a way to only sell online? i am interested but many people i know who would buy from me do not live near me (i have a lot of family in the middle of nowhere who order from avon's website, i figure why not get credit for their oders so they do it anyway???)
i do not know anyone near me who would really buy though.. someone at my job already sells avon and my friends and local family are basically as broke as i am.

Submitted by bea2ls on Tue, 02/02/2010 - 11:49

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by bea2ls
is there a way to only sell online? i am interested but many people i know who would buy from me do not live near me (i have a lot of family in the middle of nowhere who order from avon's website, i figure why not get credit for their oders so they do it anyway???)
i do not know anyone near me who would really buy though.. someone at my job already sells avon and my friends and local family are basically as broke as i am.

Yes, you can sell online but there is a fee involved.

Submitted by Shazzers on Thu, 02/04/2010 - 17:55

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtPoor08
I am already working 2 jobs, but really need to get some extra money in!!! Anyone ever sell Avon? Is it worth it? Any out of pocket fees? Can you provide some details on how it works? And how much money can you make?
Thanks!

No! it is not even close to being worth it!! My husband tried it for about a month and he ended up spending more than he made. He never did get a paycheck from Avon only money that he got from his aunt and cousin for what they bought. Everything else went from the website directly to Avon. My advice is Don't do it!
Carmen Gammon

Submitted by on Wed, 09/08/2010 - 16:51

I have been selling Avon fro close to 3 years and it is indeed worth it. Like anything you get out of it the effort you put in to it. You do not get a paycheck per se from Avon. Your income comes from the difference in the amount you send Avon and your cost. You keep the profit and send the rest to Avon.

Check out my site at :p

Submitted by on Tue, 03/15/2011 - 23:18