Skip to main content
index page

why I love Aldis

Submitted by smo65d11 on Wed, 02/25/2009 - 09:21
Credits:
[Donate]

I thought I'd brag about my trip to Aldis last night. I had $57 budgeted for food for the next 2 weeks, and I got out of there is 18 minutes, spent $54.62, leaving $2.38 to deposit in my checking account to pay down more credit cards!

3 lb apples
6 cans tuna
large bottle dish detergent
3 5 pound bags of chicken leg quarters
1 head cauliflower, 1 head cabbage
6 graapefruits
4 bags frozen vegetables
12 cans spinach
12 cans green beans
3 loaves 12 grain bread (not the cheapie wheat bread!)
2 jars natural peanut butter
1 bottle honey

I already had 2 gallons of milk and the chickens are laying eggs, I still had some oranges, cereal and plenty of staples on hand so we are set for at least the next 2 weeks for food - breakfast, lunch and dinner! So if you haven't gone to Aldi's yet, GO!

This is a bit of an older thread, but I think it's deserving of a bump. :cool:

We have an Aldi store less than a mile away from our home. It is absolutely the best thing that's happened to our family of five in a long time. I spend less than $100 per yeek in there, and that keeps everybody fedd, and the freezers and cupboards full. If you have an Aldi store within fifty miles or so of where you live, it just might pay you to make a run over there every now and again.

Aldi store locator

Submitted by unclewulf on Sun, 07/11/2010 - 09:27

unclewulf

( Posts: 3172 | Credits: )

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Aldi!!! My boyfriend and I try to keep a paleo diet. It get's expensive getting fresh meat and veggies. But at Aldi the chicken breasts, Fit and Active Ground Beef and other fresh meat make it super affordable. I try to spend less than $60 a week there and about $20-$30 at either Giant or Shoppers for the stuff I can't get there. It's been a lifesaver. My bill used to be over $100 for just one store. Now it's less with 2!

Submitted by J L B on Fri, 09/24/2010 - 09:30

J L B

( Posts: 329 | Credits: )

anyone here remember Grand Union. when i came to the states there was Pantry Pride, Grand Union, Winn Dixie and Publix all within 5 miles. Now there is only Publix, Walmart and Winn Dixie also can't forget about the new Target stores which have food now. When i was 16 i use to work in a retail store which had everything plus.

Submitted by triniskier on Wed, 10/20/2010 - 14:27

triniskier

( Posts: 184 | Credits: )