Skip to main content
index page

#1 Reason Why You Can't Get Out Of Debt

Submitted by sawilliams on Mon, 08/08/2011 - 19:51
Credits:
[Donate]

From personal experience and working with clients the #1 reason why people can get started getting out of debt is...

Making The Decision to do it. Believe it or not most people don't get started getting out of debt because they either don't know how to get started or they are afraid to get started because they think they are going to fail.

What are some of your reasons why you haven't seriously started getting out of debt?

That's one of the excuses for people not to get started on their debt pay off plan. They think they have to have all the money to pay off all of their debt.

Instead of thinking about paying them all off she should put together a plan as if she had enough money and then after coming back to reality she should focus on paying off just one of the smallest debts.

By either settling it for less or paying it in full over time.

The is the process of getting out of debt. Its not overnight and it takes some work, but its really rewarding after accomplishing the goal.

Submitted by sawilliams on Wed, 08/10/2011 - 05:30

sawilliams

( Posts: 10 | Credits: )

Hi,
I agree with sawilliams that getting out of debt is not an overnight process. moreover it required dedication and strength of mind to go on continuing with the repayment plan. What people often think is that such repayment plans can get them out of debt in weeks or months. But that is not the case. Most people tend to lose interest in paying their debts back in full when they don't find any immediate results!

Submitted by scarlett.brooks13 on Fri, 09/09/2011 - 06:08

scarlett.brooks13

( Posts: 46 | Credits: )

Trying to get out of debt can be overwhelming. I procrastinated it for a long time just because the process seemed like a chore. However, I got to the point I couldn't put it off any longer.

Submitted by mydebtrelease on Thu, 08/09/2012 - 23:48

mydebtrelease

( Posts: 24 | Credits: )

You must note that debt never piles up overnight. It takes years before you see a mountain of it. If that is so, how could you expect such a huge mountain to crumble down overnight? You'll need to stick to the debt repayment plan. Consistency is important if you want to get rid of debt. Losing patience is one of the several reasons why people can't see their debt off easily.

Submitted by daniel.radcliffe0110 on Tue, 10/09/2012 - 04:07

daniel.radcliffe0110

( Posts: 46 | Credits: )

Live within your means; this is perhaps the best option for getting out of debt. However, if your existing debt burden has become unmanageable, you may talk to a debt lawyer. Debtconsolidationcare is undoubtedly the best place to get started with. However, there are other companies too, like myquicklawyers. They are supposed to pair you up with a veteran lawyer for free.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/31/2012 - 06:31

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

To previous poster talking about debt not piling up overnight, when was the last time you went to a dentist? Guess what? That thousand dollar insurance benefit will only handle about half the cost of a root canal on a molar with a crown. Then, something like a car repair, or needing to pass state emissions testing will require new tires..
Point is, things DO hit that are surprises, and if one has a bit of debt prior, it can compound the situation by far.

It is important to maintain a sense of humility when posting here, as we are all in one way or another a victim of usuarious fees and interest rates, which for me, is the reason the debts have lasted so long. People who post on simple Yahoo articles take this incredibly offensive arrogant attitude that everyone who has a debt problem is simply a poor manager of money.
OH is their time going to come someday.

Submitted by mastedon2 on Tue, 03/26/2013 - 06:44

mastedon2

( Posts: | Credits: )