Skip to main content
index page

Important Announcement on copy paste content

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 02:44
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi All,

We have seen that many community members have copied content from other site or from our own site and pasted it in the forums. We believe that they have done this just to share knowledge and help others in debt problems. However, we'd like to minimize such copy paste/duplicate content in our forums. So, we need your cooperation in this regard.

By copy paste/duplicate content we mean:
a) content copied from any other site and pasted in forums
b) content copied from any page/forum post of our site and pasted in another post

You can help us minimize duplicate or copy paste content by:
a) writing content of the post in your own words
b) giving proper link to any relevant page of our site
c) giving link to any related and helpful external website in deactivated form

Please go through our terms of services for more information on minimizing duplicate/copy paste content.

By following these steps you can help us remove duplicate content from our forums.

Feel free to give us your feedback for further improvement of our forums.

Regards,
Jason

The Sticky that Shazzers created about the illegal loans was great and makes it much easier and faster to help new members and guests. I have been using it.

As a guest pointed out, that sometimes you need more than just a link. I guess in some ways it could appear like a brush off. I don't feel that way but I guess it could be interpreted that way.

I have been trying to encourage them to read the link then return to the original thread they created and ask more questions and get more advice if needed.

I have been trying to get a list going of the "ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE IN USA" lenders. If we can create a list like that and sticky it as well I think that would be helpful.

Submitted by nohiogal on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 03:05

nohiogal

( Posts: 2582 | Credits: )

I'm not sure that making a sticky of illegal lenders would be a possitive move because:

-Lenders tend to change their names often.

-It's unlikely but possible that some of these lenders may eventually become licensed.

-It could backfire on the owner of Debt CC.

We have all talked about this before but due to the reasons above decided to just inform people on a day to day basis who is or isn't legal at the time, and leaving a sticky with a list of illegal lenders is subject to change on a day to day basis.

Submitted by Shazzers on Tue, 02/10/2009 - 20:48

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )