Skip to main content
index page

GIVE ME THE MONEY!!!

Submitted by jcarrell on Wed, 12/17/2008 - 10:03
Credits:
[Donate]

Does anyone else see the what the hell is wrong with the government spending all our money to bail out all this shit and not give us ANY of the money? I don't understand why they don't take 1 trillion dollars and then give it to the 138,000,000 taxpayers in our country if they REALLY WANT TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY. I mean, am I just that much smarter than our government or what is the deal here??? that would be about $3500 per person or $around 10,000 to a married couple with 1 child. Come on

I hear this argument a lot, and while it is a great point, I'd like to offer a second perspective. The idea is that all of the bailout money (technically loans) will be paid back when things turn around, at interest. Whether or not this will happen remains to be seen, but I can tell you that if the Fed were to cut a $3,500 check to every taxpayer, it would technically be debt to be paid back, at interest (a.k.a. a loan).

Bear in mind that the Federal Reserve is not a government entity, but rather a private bank run for-profit. No, I am not a conspiracy theorist, this is verifyable information you can look up on your own. The only government aspect of the Fed is that the Board of Governors is appointed by the President. The rest is run like a private bank, no different than Citi or Bank of America. It has been this way since 1913, for anyone who is wondering.

My opinion: one way bailout funds could properly administered in a way that helps the average American would be to have the government 'buy' debt and immediately discharge it. Some say this would be the same as burning the money, but honestly the same could be said about what they are doing right now. This would put the government in debt, which is not exactly breaking news. :D

Submitted by tmftwiz on Wed, 12/17/2008 - 11:43

tmftwiz

( Posts: 35 | Credits: )

Yep. Indeed. One thing I can tell you though, is that there are a TON of people out there , like me, that do not have much money, AKA, poor, and when situations like our current economy and gas prices and rising grocery prices arise, we stop spending. If everyone got a cash injection, it would make a HUGE difference. By just paying their debt down, you are not going to get them to run out and spend money, because, they dont have it anyway.

Submitted by jcarrell on Wed, 12/17/2008 - 12:11

jcarrell

( Posts: 27 | Credits: )

Agreed. Although not having the money didn't stop everyone from going out and running up their credit for the past two decades...

But you're right when it comes to the current economy (and hopefully, this will teach everyone a lesson and will apply to the future as well), if you don't have the money to spend, you won't buy regardless of your debt level.

Submitted by tmftwiz on Wed, 12/17/2008 - 12:29

tmftwiz

( Posts: 35 | Credits: )

JCARRELL I WAS JUST THINK ABOUT HOW GOVERNMENT IS
NOT HELPING POOR PEOPLE AND DISABILITY LOW INCOME PEOPLE.
I WAS JUST LOOK THE LITTLE INCREASE IN THE DISABILITY CHECK OF MY HUSBAND BLIND AND MENTALLY ILL.
333,00+361,00=694,00!!!ALMOST 700,00 AND IT IS A SHAME.
MY HUSBAND SPEAKS FLUENT ENGLISH,HAD A VERY GOOD VISION ANDHE HAD GREAT JOBS.HE LOST HIS VISION WITH 43 YEARS OLD AND HE IS 55 YEARS OLD RIGHT NOW.
MY FAMILY IS HELPING ME HERE BECAUSE GOVERNMENT PEOPLE IS NOT DOING NOTHING TO HELP THE POOR.

Submitted by tsacgiv on Wed, 12/17/2008 - 17:22

tsacgiv

( Posts: 2106 | Credits: )