Skip to main content
index page

I lost everything that ever mattered

Submitted by Jedi Mistress Ari on Sun, 01/25/2009 - 12:00
Credits:
[Donate]

My husband and I separated 2 days before my birthday, just as we were scheduled to finally leave this benighted cesspool called Pensacola, Florida. I won't go into details but it's very miserable for me. I'm staying with a roomie and working a crappy temp job to get by.

My little cat Missy is dead. She went with my husband to Europe, and one day he had a terrific idea to take her outside to show her the fireworks. The sounds of the explosions scared her and she ran off. She was missing for over a week, my inlaws searched high and low for her, put missing posters in people's mailboxes and the local newspaper, and she was found. She'd been hit by a car. I fxcking loathe motorists who don't brake for animals.

So here I am, still trapped in what is by far the worst city in America. I am miserable and searching like crazy for an out. I'm hoping I can go back to CCA in Norwell, MA, or go work for my uncle in Marina Del Ray, CA, or best of all reconcile with my husband and leave the country completely. If all those are not going to happen, I'll sell a kidney or something. I'd sell my soul but I can't find it on any anatomical chart. There is no god damn way I'm accepting this as my home.

i feel for you my friend.i hope and pray things get better for you.PM me and we can talk.

Submitted by paulmergel on Sun, 01/25/2009 - 17:31

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Ari, I am very sorry for all that you are going through. Reading your story, I almost cried because I went through some pretty similar circumstances to yours, yet still managed to make it through.

Just remember it does take time to heal. Sometimes it might seem like TOO much time, but you will heal.

Don't make any rash decisions right now, while you are still hurting, as you may realize later they weren't in YOUR best interest.

I'm really sorry about your cat too. I lost my cat, of 16 years, a couple of years ago and I still get sad to this day from missing her. She was, I sometimes felt, the only friend I had when I went through a bad breakup with my Ex.

You are in my thoughts!

Submitted by FloridaRon on Mon, 01/26/2009 - 17:51

FloridaRon

( Posts: 1190 | Credits: )