Skip to main content
index page

Hey everyone!

Submitted by Jessi on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 08:23
Credits:
[Donate]

Stopping in to say hi! Hopefully soon, I can come back and help out around here again. I miss everyone. :)

Life has taken a crazy turn in the last 9 months. :shock: I am expecting my first child. I'm due in exactly 30 days, but I would be surprised if I last that long. I've been in the hospital twice for preterm labor. My goal is to make it through today, as it is my baby shower in about 2.5 hours. :) After that, all bets are off, and the child is welcome to make his appearance. LOL

I'm having a boy. His name is Anthony. :D

Jessi! OMG, a baby! Wow, lots of stuff going on for you.

Please keep us posted when you can. I can totally identify with the preterm labor thing - I was in the hospital more than I was home with my last one. And then once they took me off bedrest and off all the meds to stop the contractions, the little stinker wouldn't come out! LOL

I'm so excited for you!

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 15:27

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )

LOL Sue. I think the meds to stop the contractions actually made them WORSE..lol I couldn't feel them before. The midwife came into my room last time I was in there (For excessive vomiting..Fun, huh?) and asked me if I was having contractions. I said, "No..." She said, "Yes you are. Every 6-8 mins." LOL So they gave me a shot of something. Now when I contract, I FEEL the darn thing..lol Ouch!

Submitted by Jessi on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 15:58

Jessi

( Posts: 3361 | Credits: )

LOL - well, not really LOL'ing, it's no fun to be in that condition, but at least for the time being, things are holding steady for you!

Did they give you Magnesium Sulfate? The stuff that makes you feel hot ALL over? (That's the aftereffect they call "Mag Drag"...). I had that a lot during that pregnancy, and it's no fun. Maybe they're not using that anymore (I hope!), since that was 11 years ago.

Anyhoo....you have to keep us posted, girlie! We all miss you here, and will be happy to have you back once you can make it!

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Sun, 04/26/2009 - 19:37

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )

hello! i have read your posts and glad to hear from you! congrads on your new baby. I myself went into preterm labor at 7 months and they gave me a shot and it made me hot and itchy i think it was the magnisium (whatever) then i had to take pills. the little guy still came 6 weeks early. i guess he was determined! but on a brighter note i had a very easy labor im guessing because i was dialated for awhile and just did not notice my water broke at home and i had him 2 hours later. i almost didnt make it to the hospital i was at 8 when i got there and really wasnt in pain at all (even though people tell me thats hard to believe).

Good luck and cant wait to here from you!

Submitted by love_my_things on Sat, 05/02/2009 - 14:35

love_my_things

( Posts: 1434 | Credits: )