Skip to main content
index page

fighting cps

Submitted by on Sat, 01/03/2009 - 01:40
Credits:
[Donate]

on august 19,2008. both of my kids are in foster care. DO police offiers have to write a police report any time they come on a call? the police did not write a police report. the women told me they only came on a call. The intake worker did not have no court oder removal. I only knew is that my kids are in foster care. please can someone help me. my e-mail is personal info removed for your protection - Jason

I use to work as a Sec. in the DA's office in CPS. If someone calls in to CPS and reports you, CPS sends a Social Worker to check things out. If the Social Worker determines that the children are unsafe or living in unsafe conditions they will present an Affidavit to the DA who then files for immediate removal of the children at your County Courthouse.

If it is an emergency type situation and you do not willingly let the SW take your children, then the Sheriff is called and the children are removed on the spot and the Affidavit is filed within 24 hours.

You should have been served a copy of the Social Worker's Affidavit for removal and this would have been presented to you and signed by you in the presence of a Notary.

This Affidavit will be specific as to why your children were removed. At your first hearing (within 14 days), a plan will be submitted to the Judge stipulating what CPS has determined needs to be corrected before they will return the children.

Did the SW tell you why they were removing your children?

Submitted by judygrl on Sat, 01/03/2009 - 15:10

judygrl

( Posts: 37 | Credits: )