Skip to main content
index page

craigs list

Submitted by ladybug on Sun, 11/23/2008 - 11:01
Credits:
[Donate]

I currently am trying to cell a verizon cell phone on craig's list and ebay...I received the following email from someone and I kind of think it is a scam..what is everyone's opinion: Here is the email that I received:

Hi, many thanks for the mail,i will not be able to pickup the item from your place because i am currently out of the state for a business trip in Mexico,so you will help me by shipping the item to my daughter in West Africa (23402) because i am buying the item for her as a birthday gift and i will add $150 to your money to cover the shipping fee through USPS Global Express Mail Service EMS , the payment will be made through PayPal because it is fast and secured to send and received money online do get back to me with your PayPal email address now for the instant payment waiting for your urgent reply.

It doesn't sound right does it? I have it listed for $300.00 and they are willing to add $150.00 for postage? I don't think so :roll:

Any advice would be appreciated.

after having friends scammed buying,and one selling.i can honestly say i wouldn't recommend craigslist under any circumstance.

Submitted by paulmergel on Sun, 11/23/2008 - 16:42

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Most definitely a scam. I have posted things on several internet classifieds and have received emails like this several times. If someone does not say anything specific about what I am selling and they start saying they are out of the country, the email gets deleted and ignored.

Submitted by 2nband on Sun, 11/23/2008 - 17:47

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )