Skip to main content
index page

Sick of it-But glad there are friends here.

Submitted by lmale on Thu, 03/19/2009 - 16:55
Credits:
[Donate]

Don't you hate going to the mailbox? Don't you hate hearing the phone ring? I do. I hate looking at my pile of bills, I hate spending hours on end figuring and re-figuring. I'm just sick of it!

I wish I would wake up one morning and find this was all a really bad dream. Life is so busy between work, kids, husband, and of course the BILLS! It really sucks the life out of a person. I am thankful for this board and for all the support everyone gives. Even though things are bad, I read other posts and it gives me hope, sometimes someone is successful and it puts a smile on my face.

I just needed to vent and wanted to say "Thank you" to all the great friends here, Reny

I know how you feel.

I am tired of being cold. I keep the heat down so the bill will be low enough that can actually pay it.

I have no heat in my truck because I can't afford to fix it.

Sometimes I dream of winning a large sum of money so I can fix everything and pay everything off but I know that is not going to happen.

I don't have a husband and my kids are grown now but it would be nice to lean on someone now and then when I get down. This place has been a great support for me.

Submitted by nohiogal on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 04:09

nohiogal

( Posts: 2582 | Credits: )

Yup.. been there.. done that.. I just keep tugging along. I Normally pay rent the 1st and 15th as when i was in pdl hell it was easy for me to come up with half of it each paycheck without going into ODT with the bank. Well I finally pay at the 1st of the month so I can have a full paycheck this week and guess what I got last week.. summons. (Thankfully have enough in my account to cover it) but just tired of getting a little bit ahead to go 50feet behind. I was going to use this paycheck to clean up some medical bills that went to collections and some other odds ends that have been lacking in the apartment. Worst part is, I WAS going to call the law office today to set up payment arrangements, but since it's gone to court, I have to pay attorney fees,and processing fee. So instead of 349 it's now 598. I suppose I could dispute it since the orginal collection letter had a nother amount, but I don't need another judgement on my credit report. I finally got one removed and only have my Bankrtupcy on it and trying to clean it up so that within 4years when it falls off I can own my own house.

What sucks is it was a medical bill that I disputed the amount owed it had almost 100 dollars more then what the actual bill had. In fact it's showing up on my credit report with the wrong amount. I'm waiting to dispute it when I pay the law office on Monday. I also wanted to add, that even though they said they will pull the judgement once I pay, I do plan on showing up on the court date and showing them my receipt. I ain't that stupid, I don't trust lawyers and as I said.. don't need another judgement on my CR. :)

Submitted by beli2005 on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 08:13

beli2005

( Posts: 882 | Credits: )

Well I am right there with all of you. Five steps forward and three steps back. I made the decision to get all of my pdl's paid off but now other bills are waiting and I am just hoping I can keep them stalled long enough to get back on track. Gettin into this pdl trap was the worst decision I have ever made in my life, what could I have possibly been thinking? I consider myself an intelligent person but this was not a smart decision.

I just keep plugging along and I paid another pdl off today but it just seems like such a slow process, much slower than getting myself into this mess. I am determined that I am taking a vacation in June so that has given me the incentive to keep going.

Good luck to all of you, and yes thank goodness for the support and friendship on this forum, sometimes its easier to talk with complete strangers than family members who care but have no idea what you are really going through and just think how stupid you are for allowing this to happen.

Submitted by kfstaff24 on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 08:27

kfstaff24

( Posts: 1448 | Credits: )

The first thing when you get up in the morning is thank God for all you have to be grateful for. I try to say each morning that godd things are happening today. Just remember that even though you are going through things the key word is through! Like my wife says "When life hands you lemons, add vodka."

Submitted by Frogpatch on Fri, 03/20/2009 - 08:39

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

I am another one that is trying to keep our head above water. Right now we play the rob peter to pay paul. Even though my unemployment has finally started, didn't have any income for a long time that we are behind on so many things. We are trying to do what we can and just take one day at a time.

Submitted by 2nband on Sat, 03/21/2009 - 20:25

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )