Skip to main content
index page

foreclosure forum

Submitted by Pauli'sGirl on Sat, 10/25/2008 - 17:13
Credits:
[Donate]

Vikas, with the rising foreclosure and mortgage crisis around the U.S. Could we start a new forum for those debtor that may need a place to go for advice, friendship etc? Or am I missing it when I search the forums? I actually can't help with the forum because, (can't believe I'm saying this) I'm a renter and not effected by this crisis. But there is definately a need for this forum I have many friends in/close to foreclosure. Pauli's Girl

Hi,

I agree with you completely that foreclosure and mortgage crisis has accentuated the need for a forum in our site on this. We already had such a forum with the name "Getting a Loan and choosing a good lender". For making it more precise I have changed it's name to "Getting a Loan and Mortgage forum" (Please see this link - http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/getting-loan/index.html).

Thanks for your suggestion.

Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Mon, 11/03/2008 - 02:28

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Just don't wait so long for your ship to come in, that your pier collapses! There really are loan modification companies that are rated A+ and will put your upfront money into a trustee account so as to be returned should their modification get declined. The problem with trying to do it yourself is that you do not know what the company wants to hear and you could inadvertantly give too much information as was the case with someone I advised not to talk to their lender. If the process were that easy, we would all have friends that are doing it. To this day, I do not have one friend that accomplished modifying their loan on their own. We have since, recovered the modification process for her, but she learned her lesson the hard way and knows now, that the interest rate that could have been obtained may have been compromised. Negotiations are ongoing and we do not stop until the job is done.

I am available for anyone that has questions regarding this process.

Submitted by crystalk on Sun, 08/09/2009 - 08:39

crystalk

( Posts: 4 | Credits: )

I got a loan mod from countrywide on both 1st & 2nd mort. approved. Then Bank of America bought them. Now Bank of America says only 2nd was modified. Didnt qualify for 1st mod. Who can help?

Submitted by mr5105 on Wed, 08/19/2009 - 05:58

mr5105

( Posts: 7 | Credits: )

My guess is that you probably did not get the interest and payment that you should have gotten because you did not have a professional chasing them for you. Give this company a call 1.901.324.0602 and ask for Sammie. Tell him Crystal sent you. They are rated A+ by the BBB and are extremely agressive with the lender. Their success rate is 98%

Submitted by crystalk on Wed, 08/19/2009 - 07:11

crystalk

( Posts: 4 | Credits: )

Hi All,
I am new and want to make sure what I say is ok. I am a realtor and I work for an attorney as a paralegal. We specialize in loan modifications. I have been doing them for over a year and have gotten several of them approved. I am happy to answer quesitons and give advice. Most homeowners get denied because they do their financials so bad they couldnt even borrow $5!! I really believe in helping people keep their homes. A lot of realtors would rather do a short sale and make a lot more money but I prefer the long term relationship and referrals. I always look at things as if I were in trouble I would want someone to help me. I also de debt settlement and charge much less than most companies. I base my fee on what I save my client. I belong to IAPDA. I love helping people. I am newer at the debt settlement however I always go for the lowest settlement I can. So let me know if you think I can get better settlements for my clients. I have gotten an exception for a client with Chase and she was only 19 days late for 35% of her bal. Also B of A, 20% of balance. Have you had experience of better settlements? Also when you do settle how do they report on their .

When we do loan modifications we submit as often as needed, I have also been able to go over the negotiators head at times and deal with their manager. When you have someone negotiating your most important asset you want to make sure they are really doing the best they can. Having an attorney and paralegal do the job they can use legal authority to negotiate.

Submitted by Joanna jensen on Thu, 09/03/2009 - 09:38

Joanna jensen

( Posts: 12 | Credits: )

You don't need to pay for a loan modification. HUD approved housing counseling agencies have trained staff to help with loan modifications. They are FREE and are funded through the federal government and their individual states. You can find one in your state by looking at the HUD website or go to NeighborWorks-- www.nw.org. They administer funds for the federal effort to keep people in their homes.

Submitted by bobby01 on Thu, 09/03/2009 - 18:13

bobby01

( Posts: | Credits: )

Your right, Hud does attempt to process loan modifications. However they do not negotiate with the lender. I have a client actually two who used hud. They submitted all of their paperwork thru HUD and nothing was done. Hud is working on thousands of submissions. That really is all they do. They dont follow thru with the loan modification At least that is what I was told by my client. Also they only will help you if it is owner occupied. When it comes to helping you with additional debt, they tell you need to lower your debt. But they dont assist you with it. Also they dont have a plan of doing a Loan Modification as far as negotiating with your lender like an attorney does. So if Hud process your paperwork and submits it and you get denied that is pretty much the end of the road with them. If you cant afford to pay for help then sure try them however they do not fight for you as far as what my clients have told my. Otherwise I dont know why they would come to me after using Hud.
Also they only negotiate your first loan. So they dont do settlements if your loan is underwater. If I have a client that has an unsecured 2nd loan I work with the lender to settle that loan. It actually makes sense to do that.

Best of luck.

JoAnna Jensen
Realtor Paralegal
Volo Law Group
Pleasanton, cA

Submitted by Joanna jensen on Fri, 09/04/2009 - 13:33

Joanna jensen

Hi,
Each State has different programs.
From what Ive been told by my clients in CA, Hud does the paperwork and submits it but doesnt advocate for your and follow thru. I havent tried to use that program I only know what people have said to me. Different states as well as cities have different programs. It is definately needed at this time!! People need advocates to help them know what is out there.

I just submitted my paperwork to the Department of Corporations and was given a compliment by the gentleman who took my paperwork. To many companies take advantage of people who are in a hardship but we need advocates.

Submitted by Joanna jensen on Wed, 09/16/2009 - 12:04

Joanna jensen