Skip to main content
index page

Being sued while in a debt consolidation program

Submitted by on Sat, 02/21/2009 - 11:04
Credits:
[Donate]

I just received a letter that i am being sued and I am in a debt settlement program. DO I have to handle this or does the company I am working with? HELP

I can tell you as a Debt Collector for one of the more upstanding CA's, that DSC's do nothing for you, especially on interest bearing accounts like the flavor I work.

In my office, you must have a payment arrangement secured on a safe and federally regulated bank draft to prevent the original creditor from taking further action. DCS's do not do this. They either send a 15 dollar check per month on a $15,000 account, or as in most cases, they let the debt stagnate until your minimal monthly payments + the interest THEY gain stack high enough in the bank account they put your money in to settle the account... sometimes a year down the road.

The hook is, REGARDLESS of the amount you're paying, it secures your account indefinitely, as long as it's on a bank draft. You can buy yourself as much time as you want to buy yourself, and it doesn't cost a dime... as opposed to the two-faced DCS.

TL;DR Version: Do research before using a DCS. It costs more money to pay your bills than is necessary.

Submitted by jpsmith03 on Mon, 06/01/2009 - 21:42

jpsmith03

( Posts: 7 | Credits: )