Skip to main content
index page

Is there any legitimate help out there???

Submitted by mineje on Thu, 04/30/2009 - 10:39
Credits:
[Donate]

I won't bore you with the details, but I lost my job eight months ago. I do get unemployment (at least for the next couple of months) and I do have a part time job that I took primarily to maintain my sanity. So, clearly, I have some form of income. I received my retirement payout, and expected it to last a bit longer than it did, but nonetheless, it is gone now. I am actively searching for a position that will pay me a good salary, but, my credit was bad to begin with, so it is essentially shot now.
My problem is that the bills still come due every month. I have a car payment, rent, utilities and two kids living with me. I had to move or be evicted, so deposits and other assorted payouts have left me at the point where I have nothing. I have gone to local charities, and although they have food, they too are strapped.
I am needing about $2000 right now to pay rent, bills, etc as we begin another month. The problem is that although I get enough to cover my bills, the money comes throughout the month and I need it now, at the beginning of the month. No one wants to work with me, or will work with me for a month or so and then go back to the old patterns.
Is there any place legit that will help me just get ahead for a month and then let me pay them back? Are there any grant programs I may have missed or any other options to help out? This is begining to drive me nuts. I'm not a horrid person, just someone affected by circumstances and trying to keep my head above water.

comprehensive resource for locating lawyers and law firms nationwide that can help you with all your legal issues. Search more than 350,000 lawyer listings by geographic location and areas of expertise. Use our extensive Attorney Listings database to find an Attorney Fast.

Solicitation not allowed here - Jason. Please read TOS

Submitted by vichikatozo on Tue, 05/05/2009 - 20:28

vichikatozo

( Posts: | Credits: )

You might want to look into peer to peer or person to person lending. I don't know much about it but I know it's an option and I would only suggest it if you know you will be out of debt soon. How you looked into a Debt Management Planplan or CCCS? If your rates are high it might help.

Please refrain from Soliciting - Jason

Submitted by jeffj on Tue, 06/02/2009 - 06:46

jeffj

( Posts: 8 | Credits: )

Find out what the equivalent is in the US of a UK Administration Order. This will lower your payments, sometimes to a ridiculously low amount, which the creditors have to accept because it's by court order.

Submitted by janni on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 15:48

janni

( Posts: 7 | Credits: )

From what I have heard, the UK has far more debtor protection than the US, because lobbyists have lesser influence to pay off politicians to stonewall any debtor protection bills.

There is one state that has what is called a Chapter 128 that is something like that, but I haven't heard of that being in another state yet.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Sat, 07/18/2009 - 01:05

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )