Skip to main content
index page

Recording phone calls

Submitted by StoneBroke on Thu, 05/14/2009 - 11:53
Credits:
[Donate]

There used to be a feature on this site that allowed you to record phone calls. I don't see this any more; is it no longer available?

Thanks!

There was definitly a way to do it through this site. You dialed an 800 number that the site gave you. Chose an option to confirm you were a member. Then dialed the number you were calling. After you hung up there would be a link in your profile somewhere to acess your recorder calls.

There's someone calling me daily in the evening. Number does not come up on ID. They ask for my husband and hang up on me rather quickly before I can ask any info. I think it's a company that we are currently going through court with. They have 90 days to supply me with debt validation via the mail. And instead I've been getting thse calls. So I wanted to find a way to record the calls before my husband speaks with them.

Submitted by StoneBroke on Mon, 05/18/2009 - 10:49

StoneBroke

( Posts: 64 | Credits: )

You can buy a recorder at your local radio shack or walmart. They can be pricey though :?

An oldschool answering machine will record your calls. Just set the ringer on 2 rings, then pick up after the machine has answered the call. it will record everything after that. I do not know the time limit on most machines, but an answering machine is definately a cheap option to do this.

Submitted by Cool_Abyss on Tue, 05/19/2009 - 09:46

Cool_Abyss

( Posts: 2936 | Credits: )

If I understand correctly, it's illegal to record a phone call without informing the other party that the call is being recorded. But the simple solution (like suggeted by Cool Abyss) is the "... oldschool answering machine." If someone leaves a message, they obviously know they are being recorded.

If you're being harassed by a debt collector, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the Fair Debt Collection Practices" act. Then turn on your answering machine, cross your fingers, and hope the debt collector calls and says something stupidly illegal! Lots of the will do just that.

Submitted by tom-houston on Fri, 05/29/2009 - 10:57

tom-houston

( Posts: | Credits: )

Yes, there use to be a number you could use from this site to record phone calls, the last time (which was months ago) I tried to use it, it wasn't working, I asked about it but was never given an answer. By the way, some states are two party states and some are one party states- a one party state only requires permission from ONE party to record a phone call, that party being yourself, Ohio is a one party state.

Submitted by Shazzers on Fri, 05/29/2009 - 11:03

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Alabama: One Party
Alaska: One party
Arizona: One Party
Arizona: No party consent for person owning telephone service.
Arkansas: One Party
California: Two Party
Colorado: One party
Connecticut Two Party
Delaware: Two Party
District Of Columbia One Party
Florida: Two Party
Georgia One Party
Hawaii ::One Party
Idaho: One Party
Illinois One Party
Indiana One Party
Iowa One Party
Kansas: One Party
Kentucky One party
Louisiana One Party
Maine: One Party
Massachusetts Two Party
Maryland Two Party
Michigan One party
Minnesota One Party
Mississippi One Party
Missouri One Party
Minnesota One Party
Montana Two-party)
Nebraska One Party
Nevada: One Party
New Hampshire Two Party
New Jersey One Party
New Mexico: One Party
New York One Party
North Carolinia One Party
North Dakota One Party
Oklahoma: One Party
Oregon One Party
Ohio One Party
Pennsylvania Two Party
Rhode Island: One Party
South Carolina One Party
South Dakota: One Party
Tennessee One Party
Texas One Party
Utah One Party
Vermont One Party
Virginia One Party West Virginia: One Party
Washington Two Party
Wisconsin One Party (but only two admissable)
Wyoming: One Party

Submitted by Shazzers on Fri, 05/29/2009 - 11:08

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )