Skip to main content
index page

Account was sold and they will not Validate how do I get it off my credit.

Submitted by svtdlr on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 15:56
[Donate]

I have written 2 validation letters to Credit One and they still will not validate the debt they just state they sold the account. I believe the intial debt is not even mine. How do I go about getting them to respond and remove. Shouldn't they have to verify the debt even if they sold the account since they are the originating account holder. I have contacted the supposed company that they sold it to and they could not validate the debt and have stop activity and are removing the account. But I still have the orginal debt holder on my credit report how do I get them to remove it? Any help would be helpful.
Thanks
Dustin :confused:

If you've send them validation letters, then they are liable to validate the debt. If they mention that they have sold off the account, then they should give you the name of that debt collector. You should send a validation letter to them in order to sort out the matter. As far as I know, as the original creditor has charged off the debt, his name will be mentioned in your credit report along with the name of the debt collector.

Submitted by Anna Sweeting on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 21:36

Anna Sweeting

( Posts: 1827 | Credits: )

Debt validation letters are sent to collection agencies not original creditors. I suggest you send Care One a dispute letter. I would also dispute the debt with the credit bureaus. If they do not validate at that point, it should be removed from you credit report. If you are receiving calls/letters from third party collection agencies, send THEM debt validation request letters. If they are reporting on your credit report, dispute that also.

Submitted by OhioGal1 on Tue, 04/05/2011 - 07:34

OhioGal1

( Posts: 5253 | Credits: )