Skip to main content
index page

Plain Green's email

Submitted by bigelow0 on Wed, 09/19/2012 - 15:20
Credits:
[Donate]

Good afternoon all:

Here is part of the standard email that I received today from Plain Green:

[SIZE=3]We understand that all situations are different and would like to offer you the opportunity to pay the remaining principal in the amount of $241.20. We are willing to accept two (2) payments of $120.60, payable September 30, 2012 and October 30,2012 to settle this account. Payments on prior loans will not be applied to your current loan as they were paid according to the contracted rate.[/SIZE]

To date, I received two loans with them as follows: a deposit of $500 on 12/15/11 and have I repaid on that loan $1182.12 which was debited from my account. The second loan was on 7/3/12 in the amount of $700 and I have repaid $458.80 of that. The total of both loans was for $1200 and they were repaid $1640.92. This results in an overpayment of $440.92.

[SIZE=3]They said “Please reply to this email if you wish to accept this settlement offer.”[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#2a2a2a]Should I just ignore them?[/COLOR]

Thanks again.
Blessings all!

That is what I figured. They are just trying to get more money from me. I think I just should ignore all their emails, better that way. Have a blessed night! Again thank you!

Submitted by bigelow0 on Wed, 09/19/2012 - 16:01

bigelow0

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

I just got off of the phone with Plain Green. I live in PA and PDL are illegal. I had a 1400 loan and have paid 2055. I revoked ACH ib writing and by phone. They replied that they are a personal installment loan company. They would not consider this PIF. They told me that they will send a collections agency after me for the rest. Can they do that?

Submitted by schipanic on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 09:52

schipanic

( Posts: 13 | Credits: )

Then tell them to sell it to collections. Then follow the link in my sig for dealign with illegal PDL in collections. Utlimately you simply cease and desist the collector.

Also, you might want to tell plain green something along the lines of "If you do sell it to a CA, I will be sure to include in my cease and desist order that I had previously made you, the original creditor, aware that I am not ever planning to pay any more money to this illegal loan. I'm sure the collector will not be too happy with you at that point. But hey, your move illegal slimebags."

Submitted by waffles on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 17:04

waffles

( Posts: 1697 | Credits: )