Skip to main content
index page

Stop Calling Me Letter/ Demand ?

Submitted by bobbygerm on Mon, 05/17/2010 - 09:24
[Donate]

Can I stop a creditor (originator of loan) from calling me constantly 10-20 times per day (on several different numbers) by sending them a certified letter by mail with return receipt stating that they may only contact me by mail only ? Or do they have the right to call me from our signed agreement?
And if the agreement states they can call me can i still stop them from calling me by written request? What are the laws, etc... ?

How many times can they call per day to 3 different numbers before it's considered harassment ?

In addition can I dictate to all creditors (in general) how they may contact me, by the way I choose for them to contact me by either verbally or certified mail ?

If yes, What can I do if they continue to call, report them to the Federal Trade Commission with a copy of my letter with proof of certified mail ? And what will happen after that ?

Thank You in advance for any comments or reply ! :D

SAMPLE LETTER

Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone#
Collector's Name
Collector's Address
Date
Dear Collection Manager,
Re: Account Number__________
This letter is a request that you shouldn't contact me in order to collect
payments on the account stated above. I am actually interested to work out a plan with the original creditor.
I hereby request you to stop collection efforts immediately or face legal
actions under the state or federal laws.
Yours truly,
Your Signature

An original creditor? No...in fact doing so may force there hand to declare you in default and speed up legal action if applicable.

Sometimes when you are assigned to a CA, you do not have that option to deal with the original creditor....the original creditor may be under contract with that CA to collect or may have sold the account all together. Plus there is no such thing a a "partial cease and desist" in requesting mail only. Ceasing a CA may also cause accelerated legal action

Obviously you are screening your calls. Answer them on the first attempt and they wont call back the same day. If they are being abusive, THEN hang up and cease them, sending a letter to the debt holder.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Mon, 05/17/2010 - 09:32

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

Hello Bobbygerm,

It happened so that I has just found a good post regarding your issue. It is just about debt collectors. I think you will find it is interesting and useful. The link will lead you to all answers you need. no it won't because I removed it, solicitation are against the TOS! Have a nice day.

Submitted by Sam Ruban on Tue, 05/18/2010 - 07:06

Sam Ruban

( Posts: 19 | Credits: )

Have you tried telling them when they should call because you are at work and aclling your home 20 times aday is a waste of their time and upsetting to your family? I am having a similar problem and plan on telling Discover today that they are wasting their time calling me nonstop.

Submitted by SOK on Thu, 05/27/2010 - 05:56

SOK

( Posts: 23 | Credits: )