Skip to main content
index page

I need help with the letters

Submitted by CASSANDRA BOHANNON on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 08:10
Credits:
[Donate]

I have called my bank and asked them to stop all ACH withdrawls from my account. They refused to do so because even though the companies are illegal they still loaned me the money and they refuse to help till I send the Request to stop debitting letter. I looked on the website att eh letters and I am not sure which one to choose. I asked for the mailing address of one of the companies that loaned me money and tehy refuse to give it to me. They said that they operate out of Malta and that tehy do not abide by US Laws. What can i do now. The company name is yellowdale.com Help!!!:confused:

You are probably talking about Cash Tranfer Centers! They will send a wage assignment letter to your employer! You need to revoke that and tell your HR they are not legally bound to it! You are not under the laws of Malta! They are illegally operating in every state in the US. Once they fail at collecting your paycheck they will have a letter sent to you to settle for around 40 percent! That is your decision! Do not give them anything except wired cash or a prepaid debit card! Close your checking account now! Get a live check from your employer until you open a new account!

Submitted by Frogpatch on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 08:54

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )

They are lying when they tell you they do not have to abide by US laws. According to Federal law, if a company does business in the US it MUST abide by federal law and the law of each state it does business in. I don't see that any of the letters on the DIY section would help, send the bank a letter saying something like: Please stop all ACH withdrawals from my account.

Submitted by OVLG Attorney on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 08:57

OVLG Attorney

( Posts: 511 | Credits: )

Attach this quote from Electronic Funds Transfer Act in the end,
907. Preauthorized transfers
(a) A preauthorized electronic fund transfer from a consumer's account may be authorized by the consumer only in writing, and a copy of such authorization shall be provided to the consumer when made. A consumer may stop payment of a preauthorized electronic fund transfer by notifying the financial institution orally or in writing at any time up to three business days preceding the scheduled date of such transfer. The financial institution may require written confirmation to be provided to it within fourteen days of an oral notification if, when the oral notification is made, the consumer is advised of such requirement and the address to which such confirmation should be sent.
(b) In the case of preauthorized transfers from a consumer's account to the same person which may vary in amount, the financial institution or designated payee shall, prior to each transfer, provide reasonable advance notice to the consumer, in accordance with regulations of the Board, of the amount to be transferred and the scheduled date of the transfer.
[Codified to 15 U.S.C. 1693e]

Go into your bank and talk to a manager.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 08:58

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

I tried to email them with the email address that I have for them and it would not accept the emial. I have received 2 addresses(the sneeky way) and they are as follows. So if there is anyone else that needs them they can have them as well.
Signmyloan.net:
Aboriginal GR Enterprises
po box 88491
418 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V6a7a
1/877/995/1400

2) HuskHAwk GRP:
Hunkins Waterfront Plaza
Main Street
Po Box 556
Charlestown Nevis, West Indies (No Zip Code Given)
1-866-568-5559
I Hope this helps someone. I will be sending the letters tomorrow
I Hope that this will settle anything. But I don't think it will.

Submitted by CASSANDRA BOHANNON on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 12:09

CASSANDRA BOHANNON

( Posts: 4 | Credits: )