Skip to main content
index page

First Steps? Blkatt,Hasenmiller..

Submitted by The fight begins on Sat, 06/19/2010 - 10:14
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello All,
I have 2 issues going with a law firm in Illinois (Blatt, Hasenmiller, Leibsker & Moore)
The first was recently filed with the Circuit Court as a "Contract Complaint" It is for FIA card services. I have not been served any type of Summons yet...
The 2nd is with the same law firm on behalf of Livingston Financial...I received a letter from the Law firm stating I am being sued. There is no information with the Circuit court as of yet on this one. Both are for Credit Cards that I initiated in California and I now live in Illinois. They are both within the S.O.L. What are my first steps to fight this? Thank you for your help...(This really is a great service you are providing!)...Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOAPLADY
What grounds would you be fighting it on? FIA is the collection unit of BofA I believe so they will have all documentation, or should.

Hi Soap Lady, Thanks for your reply!
I just don't know where to begin..Should I send a "Validation Request" Letter to Blatt.....? Or should I contact them and try to negotiate a payment plan? Also, any advice on the other one (Blatt...representing Livingston Financial...) Thanks again for your help...Tim

Submitted by The fight begins on Sat, 06/19/2010 - 12:03

The fight begins

( Posts: 33 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOAPLADY
Never heard of Livingston Financial.

Answer the summons as soon as you get it. You can DV but it wont stop the court case.

So do you think I am better off trying to contact them now and work out a payoff?...Thanks, Tim

Submitted by The fight begins on Sat, 06/19/2010 - 12:58

The fight begins

( Posts: 33 | Credits: )