Skip to main content
index page

In the same PDL boat - but questions

Submitted by zens on Sun, 06/20/2010 - 09:27
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello fellow PDL survivors and current deck hands.

I too am drowning in PDLs. I'm in the state of Nebraska, and not quite sure as to where to begin.

I have a contract with Langhorne Debit Solutions, but I feel as though my monthly payment to them (over $250 for their fees only) is only causing more stress and seeing no results from them. I've told them this too.

Currently, I am on a suspended program with them, and considering calling the PLDs myself. However, I've been seeing in some posts here that some are illegal. How do I find out that information? Should I contact my State Attorney's office about these?

On top of the ones that I have with Langhorne, I've obtained "new" loans with other entities just to keep up my regular bills. I've tried to obtain a refinance loan on my car, but due to my bankruptsy 3 yrs ago, NO one will loan to me, not even my CU at my place of employment. Therefore, I turn to PDLs.

I'm looking for part time work, but that's not moving along as quickly as I would like. I'm trying all the "right" avenues, even praying more, and nothing is working...so far anyway.

Should I contact ALL the PDLs and work out something with them or keep using Langhorne? With the money I pay them, I can use to pay off /down the PDLs I have.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Shazzers...THANK YOU! I contacted the Department of Banking and Finance and the contact there said that for the state of Nebraska, all online PDLs are not licenced, but store front PDLs are. Therefore the contact suggested to file a complaint for EACH of my online PDLs and contact my store front PDLs to request a payment plan. The contact said that if the store front PDL refused to do a payment plan, then file a complaint against them. I also need to notifiy my bank about the ACHs being charged against my account, and to decline them. The DBF contact is providing the necessary documents for me to complete - it was also stated that I would receive calls from collection agencies attempting to collect, but not to give in to their threats. Online PDLs can not take you to court (in the State of Nebraska), only store front PDLs could. I also mentioned that I'm working with a PDL Debt Consolidation company...the contact mentioned that entity could be bogus too, so this is all food for thought for those of you drowning in PDLs. Let's stand together and fight these sites that hide behind two, three, four or more names to get around the loop holes.

Hearing this news is like winning the lottery! I pray that this news is what I've been needing. So far, it's been the second most honest information. First source? Was this site! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Submitted by zens on Wed, 06/23/2010 - 19:26

zens

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

Update:

I have sent off my formal complaints against the list of my PDLs.

I have read a few thread in different topics and a few suggestions were to "demand a refund of your monies"....well, according to my contact at the Nebraska DBF, the chances are slim to none that I'll receive any monies back; and in fact - if filing the complaints, closing my account and taking harrasing phone calls for a few months is my trade off for getting these scum bags out of my life, I'll consider the loss of monies a lessoned learned. Granted having the money back - or some of it would be awesome, but I am not going to hold my breath.

I look forward to the day when this is all behind me - (45 days)!

Have a great day everyone, and check with your state's Department of Banking and Finance. They may just have a staff on board to handle PDLs. : )

Submitted by zens on Fri, 06/25/2010 - 11:03

zens

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )