Skip to main content
index page

Account Not Eligible for Settlement

Submitted by Jay Seeder on Thu, 09/23/2010 - 00:34
Credits:
[Donate]

I proposed a settlement to B of A yesterday for my credit card account. They came back and told me my account was not eligible for a settlement? What exactly do they mean by this? I am about 95 days past due right now.

I asked the woman to clarify what she meant, and she told me that they review accounts at the end of every month, and that's when they decide whether certain accounts are eligible for a settlement. So it sounded like my account could become settlement eligible. Am I correct to assume that? Does this sound like the normal process?

Jay

My own experience with BOA - just before the 120 day mark (when they legally obliged to charge off the acct) they will talk settlement. They will either offer you a reduced payment plan at very low interest for x amt of months or a lump sum payment. What they offered me was actually very good, but I wasn't in a position to take advantage of it unfortunately. They did charge it off and farmed it off to 2 collection agencies before finally selling the acct. I'm now being sued by the purchaser.

Submitted by New2011 on Wed, 04/20/2011 - 09:14

New2011

( Posts: 14 | Credits: )