Skip to main content
index page

I'm back, serious questions

Submitted by bea2ls on Thu, 09/30/2010 - 08:46
Credits:
[Donate]

Hey, this is kinda personal so I stuck to members only.
I have gotten evicted this summer, and I was sued by my landlord. I missed court date due to surgery (I am on disability) and he won by default, which is fine since I do owe him. I contacted him several times to pay, but no response. Than he called my co-signer's mother and told her we need to pay. We are not children! I called him back and mentioned I tried to make arrangements, what do we owe him and why is telling others my buisness? This woman lives clear across the country I have no idea how he found this info out and I am creeped out,
Also, he told me I owed him $2,028 and i asked him about the security deposit. He said as far as he's concerned, it is his because of the ac. I guess he meant air conditioner? I told him I bought it and gave it to a neighbor when I moved. I pressed and he said the judgment is 1334 and it is minus the security. So does that mean that is all I owe him? I am okay with that. Also when he evicted me he tried to scare me to leave. Like he threatned to let my dogs loose, etc. Now he is harrassing me, what are my rights? I do not deserve this, he gave me nothing but trouble for three years. What are my rights?

It is good to hear from you! I hope you found a place! If I were you I would pay him the judgement less the security and move on. The past should stay there and your focus should be on the future. No one wins a race looking back.
Make sure the final check says "account satisfied in full." If he cashes it, you are done.

Submitted by Frogpatch on Thu, 09/30/2010 - 11:48

Frogpatch

( Posts: 5381 | Credits: )