Skip to main content
index page

What do you feel is a debtors biggest prolem?

Submitted by Royal Swann on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 10:24
[Donate]

What would you feel ask a person in debt biggest problem. The credit card companies or the debt collectors.

From past experience I believe that it is the debt collector (bottom feeders) because they are actually the ones the government do not control. The majority of the ones who run the debt collection agencies are lawyers themselves and dealing with them there is no guarantee that they will clear your.

Why do either of them have to be a problem. Why bother talking to them? If a debtor has a hardship situation and can't make payments, there's no point getting into conversations with creditors or collectors. Let them leave messages on your voice mail and then delete them once a day or once a week. If they call you at work, send them a letter stating you can't take calls at work and give them a number they can leave messages on.

This way neither are a problem.

Signature removed. Please read TERMS OF SERVICE for a more detailed description regarding advertising. Shazzers

Submitted by Chris Scully on Thu, 12/02/2010 - 10:33

Chris Scully

( Posts: 11 | Credits: )

Both are a problem. Debtors are in debt because they don't have enough money to pay their bills. Debt collectors are a problem because they will do anything they can to get money from you.

In a way, the kind of debt that's discussed here is a fairly uniquely American problem; when I lived in England I found very few people with credit cards, and the balances were generally low by American standards. I place far more blame on American consumer culture than anything else.

Submitted by J. Matthew Muir on Fri, 12/24/2010 - 02:12

J. Matthew Muir

( Posts: 21 | Credits: )