Skip to main content
index page

Credit Bureaus?

Submitted by Royal Swann on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 10:36
[Donate]

Do you feel that the Governments should have tighter control over the credit bureaus. The credit bureaus are international and effects each and everyone no matter what nation we are from.

They change the credit score when ever they like. We have to prove any inaccuracy reported. It seems like all the responsibility should be on them and the debt collectors who do the reporting.

An example I have never lived in are been in Detroit, Michigan but my credit report has me living there now I have to prove that I never lived there.

To get your credit score You either pay are apply for a loan which when turned down you can apply for you credit score but then you are back under the scope so the debt collectors can start back to hounding you.

Seems like every thing goes for the credit bureaus and nothing for the consumers.

Credit Bureaus are FUNDED by the creditors...not consumers. The government does control them via the Fair Credit Reporting Act and thru legislation, you get a free copy of your report each year. That doesnt include your score.

The Credit Bureau is only as good as the creditors who are reporting. The bureau has to follow what their paid members are reporting. Consumers can dispute the info.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Mon, 11/22/2010 - 11:22

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )