Skip to main content
index page

hi there, need to get my feet wet 1st

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Tue, 11/04/2008 - 09:07
Credits:
[Donate]

I'm intimidated N overwhelmed by using this site bc I've never really chatted online b4, let alone talk @ my private biz. So, I figured id start here with that being said.

So-hey there, plz be patient w/me.I could use some encouragement N guidance. Maybe a gentle push.

MJ

Situation is this: very old perkins loan, not on credit bureau, NCO calling, I haven't spoke to anyone (nco or school). Believe it or not my credit is good, 680+.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 06:17

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I don't wanna deal w/NCO. And I'm afraid to make a call to face this.I know that's pathetic, but its truthful.I was considering calling the school today and trying to work it out. What do u think I should expect from the school? I can definitely pay at least half of the loan asap. Total loan bal @ $7,000. All other debt is in good standing and not maxed out.

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 06:34

mjchmbrs

( Posts: 11 | Credits: )

Nothing, I haven't spoken to them and am afraid of being bullied. How weird is it that its not reporting on my bureaus? I've kept up w/my bureaus for about 10 yrs, we bought a home 4yrs ago and it(perkins loan) hasn't been reported-ever. About ten yrs ago I had to get a bunch of bad debt handled,including a stanford loan and I did, worked hard n diligent. Somehow this perkins slipped through the crack.I'm frustrated and anxious, but scared as hell to move on this.(Just keepN it real)

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 06:46

mjchmbrs

K, so u feel I should call and verify what their biz is w/me first. How do or can I control the call, perhaps get them to fax any info they have on the matter? And not let them scare me into an instant agreement?

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 07:36

mjchmbrs

Listen here, the last thing I'm worried about is where in this site my "details" r posted. If u read my orig. Comment then u would understand my Ignorance.feel free to request the moderator to move it then.

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 07:45

mjchmbrs

I resided in oh n attended school in oh at the time loan was awarded. I now live in ga.

Mj

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 07:51

mjchmbrs

Reread my concerns- ur out in left field with bk, and I'm fully aware that it couldn't be included. Plz let it go.

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 08:05

mjchmbrs

So, it would appear that my best option would be to consolidate? How would I do that?

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 08:28

mjchmbrs

Ok, I purposely placed my original post in a MEMBER'S ONLY area, at least that's what it specified.Being able to choose that option is what gave me the comfort level to use this site.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 12:46

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Well, I have submitted two posts prior to this and they have yet to be posted. Both posts were regarding my membership. It is my understanding based on the info provided on this site that one can be either a community member or a couseling member. I signed up as a Community on-line-member. The reasoning behind that was so I could communicate in a more private manner. Otherwise I would have just used the chat option which is open to the eyes of anyone interested. Again, I don't appreciate this at all.

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 14:41

mjchmbrs

That's beside the point. Perhaps you are over obessed with the organization of this site. Bc where I clicked to make my initial post assured me the privacy of members only. Again, that was reassuring to me..

Ok, so where are my other two posts. ALSO, I sent some (two) private concerns (complaints) regarding you. So, why don't you just sticky note them over here, too. Or rethread or retread...whatever. Seriously, make them part of this public forum. There is nothing in them that can't be put here. Also, you have a private identity, just as I do. So what do you say, soaplady?

Submitted by mjchmbrs on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 15:20

mjchmbrs