Skip to main content
index page

Ebay

Submitted by m.lm1947 on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 19:33
Credits:
[Donate]

Is buying things on Ebay through a paypal account pretty safe? In order to set up a paypal account, does it have to be with your debit card through your bank?

As far as paypal being safe would depend on who you ask. I have used paypal for many years and have not had a problem. You will need to give them some type of payment either a bank account or a credit card. If you will be selling on ebay and want them to transfer the money into your bank, you will have to give them this information.

You will probably hear others tell you to stay away from paypal because it is not safe. I have heard some people have set up a special account at their bank just for paypal. The reasoning being they don't keep money in it unless the buy something.

Hope this helps.

Submitted by spatterson_40 on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 04:30

spatterson_40

( Posts: 400 | Credits: )

I've bought AND sold on Ebay for years - the only problem I've ever had with Paypal was when someone else paid me with a stolen credit card (they called it "borrowed") and the card owner reported it to Paypal.

My Paypal account got locked for almost a month, costing me a LOT of money. All of my income from Ebay sales was in that account, as well as the money needed to ship the items I sold. I had to pull money out of my own pocket for an entire month to ship items. Paypal eventually got to the bottom of the problem, and unlocked my account. But they never did explain to my satisfaction why MY account was locked when I had nothing to do with the card being stolen and used to purchase items on Ebay. They just kept saying there was a fraudulent transaction involved, and that my account had to be restricted until the investigation was over.

This was all over a $15 item, too. :evil:

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 13:19

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )