Skip to main content
index page

why?why?why?

Submitted by paulmergel on Sun, 01/25/2009 - 18:07
Credits:
[Donate]

i was going to post this tomorrow morning,but here goes.two things that shook me this weekend.one my godmother died on FRI.the service is next saturday.they are having her cremated in IA where she resided for the last 8yrs.then the service on saturday at the church where she was married in the city.next my dad is in the hospital.they found quarter size growths on his brain and lungs.they will gama knife the head.they say they got it so he should okay.the lungs are another story.oh the growth was benign in the head.not so with the lungs.i ask for prayers if you could.i will be around during the day,but not so much at night.will keep you posted.

Please accept my prayers for you and your family. My mother-in-law is presently battling lung cancer and is losing. I feel that it is just a matter of days or weeks before she will be gone. I am very saddened and will make sure to put you in my prayers. Hang in there and try to keep your head up! I know it is hard but you will get through this!

Submitted by trpschick on Sun, 01/25/2009 - 18:53

trpschick

( Posts: 6 | Credits: )

well at around noon me and dad and my brother are going to a briefing about this gamma knife.he has to also be fitted for a halo like device.the whole thing takes about three hours.i'm not worried so much about the sist in his head as the growth in his lung.that worries me.especially since he has to wait 1-2 weeks after gamma knife to start chemo.with him being 70 it is going to be a test for sure.hi being in great health prior to this is a plus.i just don't after my mom's preventable death 18 yrs ago trust the system.me and my brother will be on this i assure you.

thanks to all for the thoughts and well wishes. :hug: :hug:

Submitted by paulmergel on Mon, 01/26/2009 - 07:54

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

well,the gamma knife went according to procedure.now we have to wait 2 weeks before chemo begins on the lung.had to put handrails in the house last night.my bro is picking up his prescription as i type.this part i'm not worried about.the sist in the head was benign.the one in the lungs isn't.they will keep up with bloodwork until chemo begins.they think they got it at a treatable time.i still don't trust doctors after what happened to mom.will keep updating as things happen.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 01/27/2009 - 11:07

paulmergel

Your dad, you, and your family are, and will be, in my prayers.

I know from the experience of taking care of my mom who is very ill, it is hard. You also, have to take care of yourself and your health too, it's too easy to get run down from taking care of others..I am here if you need anything..karen

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Wed, 01/28/2009 - 08:18

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

I have to say you will definietly be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope things will turn out well. If you need any help navigating the nightmare that is health insurance please let know and i will help you as much as i can. Good luck sir!!

Submitted by on Wed, 01/28/2009 - 14:44

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

update:he had his first chemo today,and he is in good spirits.the bloodwork came back good too.we still have to watch him in certain conditions.like if the temp gets below 35 degrees we should keep him indoors.he don't like that,but with the chemo it could effect his breathing in that cold a temperature.he is ofthe mindset they found it at a very treatable stage.i will not take anything for granted.not after what happened with mom.he understands how i feel,but is reassuring me more than i am him.well will update again soon.thanks for the prayers and well wishes.it does mean alot.

Submitted by paulmergel on Wed, 02/11/2009 - 18:31

paulmergel

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have a family member in end stage pancreatic cancer. THere is an answer WHY? but I doubt any of us are going to know it in this lifetime.Take care of yourself and always believe.

Submitted by on Tue, 02/17/2009 - 12:04

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

amaranth.where have you been?we are good as can be under the circumstance.how are you?

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 02/26/2009 - 18:38

paulmergel

Just been incredibly busy. I work 12-16 hours a day now, 7 days a week. Plus, I am still dealing with the repercussions of that car accident I had. I was able to purchase a new vehicle, but it seems the rest is never-ending. I have bounced between my insurance companies and the lost vehicle's original financer for months getting everything squared away ( the dang thing was FINALLY paid off by 2 seperate insurance companies only 2 weeks ago, and the accident was last September! ) and still dealing with the trauma center and hospital bills and follow-up medical costs....etc.

I'll make a bigger "update" post soon, because I am actually in the process of purchasing my first house :) Thanks to this forum, a year later, even despite some set-backs, I am making huge strides and eliminating more and more debt. This is your thread and I don't want to make it about me, so I promise I'll update you soon with a thread on everything, since this March it will be a full year since I first came to this forum at an incredible low, stressed out and unable to sleep at night.

Once again, I hope things are looking up for you, Paul!!! Great to see/read you and the rest again! I've missed you :)

Submitted by Amaranth on Thu, 02/26/2009 - 18:56

Amaranth

( Posts: 271 | Credits: )

things have taken a turn my friends.he went into the hospital with pneumonia yesterday and is in ICU.i will be in & out for the next few days.keep him in your thoughts and prayers please.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 04/24/2009 - 06:11

paulmergel