Skip to main content
index page

PDL PIF?

Submitted by cannr on Sat, 09/22/2007 - 19:49
Credits:
[Donate]

Okay, I received an email from a pdl. It says "thank you for paying your loan in full" and that I can now get another loan for a "discounted fee". Ummm... I didn't pay them off. Maybe they got my complaints and were contacted by the agencies? All I know is that it states right on there "Thank you for paying your loan in full." To me, that's written documentation from them that it is marked paid in full. You think? I really don't care. I have an email saying it is. And you can bet your ass I have it printed off and put with everything else I have from them. Just in case they "appear" on my credit report. Or some nice illegal collection agency tries to collect on it. Will this email saying this "do the trick" and count as saying it's PIF?

ladybug, call me a stickler, but I figure if I have a piece of paper from them that says "thank you for paying your loan in full", I consider it paid then. For whatever reason, whether they closed it/wrote it off/whatever. It still says I paid it in full. And it is dated in September and this loan is OLD. It's one I have been fighting for months. And I'm certainly not going to question them. I don't want anything to do with them. I'm just thinking - is this good enough to count as a pif? Hey, it says it on the email! :D

Submitted by cannr on Sat, 09/22/2007 - 20:21

cannr

( Posts: 9317 | Credits: )

Thanks, ladybug! When they "come to get me", I'll tell them "But ladybug agrees with me! This is paid in full!" :lol:

Submitted by cannr on Sat, 09/22/2007 - 20:33

cannr

Thanks, guys! I'm considering it paid in full. And, thanks for the advice, volley. I did print it out, but I'll keep it saved in my email. Also, just copy it to a document and save it????

Submitted by cannr on Sat, 09/22/2007 - 21:37

cannr

Ahh... another sneaky tactic they can use. Yes, it's saved in my email. With all the other emails from the pdl's! LOL! I don't delete anything. Pray my computer doesn't crash! :lol: But I print everything out also.

Submitted by cannr on Sat, 09/22/2007 - 21:43

cannr

Cannr, do you have an email account with yahoo, excite, google, etc? If so, then when you save it, it can easily be accessed from any computer. God forbid your computer crash, but if it did then you can still get to it pretty easily if you had to. Hopefully they aren't trying to pull anything, but you never know with these companies. Good think there is so much experience in this forum. Maybe we can cut them off at the pass if they try anything :wink:

Submitted by eleroo on Sun, 09/23/2007 - 08:12

eleroo

( Posts: 1220 | Credits: )

Okay. The poll has voted and it is now officially considered a PIF. LOL! :lol: It just struck me as odd. I was like "What?" But I'll be darned if I ask any questions! And I think I'll set up one of those email accounts and forward all my emails to it. Good idea. I don't trust my computer. It's already kicked me off a million times tonight and now it's "twitching". LOL! :lol:

Submitted by cannr on Sun, 09/23/2007 - 19:07

cannr

ladybug, feed those squirrels! LOL! I feed my squirrels every day. The little things chewed through my telephone cable! So now I put an ear of corn out for them every day. I love watching them & now they don't eat my wires! :wink:

Submitted by cannr on Tue, 09/25/2007 - 13:43

cannr

Thanks you guys! Sass? Where the heck have you been? And luke? I thought you were on vacation! Am I having flashbacks here or what? My friends are back! :D

Submitted by cannr on Tue, 09/25/2007 - 20:21

cannr