Skip to main content
index page

Oakview Law Group - Debt Settlement

Submitted by on Thu, 07/24/2008 - 07:19
Credits:
[Donate]

Has anybody used them? or has anybody done debt settlement and do they feel it was worth it?

Sorry I haven't. I considered using Langhorne in the beginning but decided to do it myself, after reading the posts on this board. I felt the cost to do so could not be justified once I realized that my PDLs were illegal and just about paid in full according to what I borrowed. I did settle all 5 myself in about 3 months. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Submitted by llw1995 on Thu, 07/24/2008 - 07:49

llw1995

( Posts: 1422 | Credits: )

Oak View Law Group has a "satisfactory" record in BBB's record and has no complaint against them during the last 12 months, which I think is a commendable one. You can also go through the entire BBB report on this company.

But I think you should get more info and shop around to clinch the best deal. You can get a fair idea on this company by searching consumer feedback on OVLG in the search box at the top most right hand corner of this page.

Submitted by phoenix on Fri, 07/25/2008 - 00:16

phoenix

( Posts: 1445 | Credits: )

I would not hire a lawyer for debts under 4k-ish probably. I would not hire a lawyer unless you think you are going to court or maybe if you thought a settlement offer on legal letter head might help. In general though settlement offers are pretty clear. Get it in writing before making any payments. Make sure it has the date, the amount owed, the amount settled to, states paid in full and is signed by one of their agents. If you search around this site you will probably find a great step by step process for settling and the PIF letter. Again the most important part is never pay until you have that document in your hand otherwise the collector is lying.

Submitted by DOLLARSandSINCE on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 07:14

DOLLARSandSINCE

( Posts: 1078 | Credits: )