Skip to main content
index page

ever heard of this company

Submitted by on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 11:27
Credits:
[Donate]

stonecrest financial. paydayonline turned me over to them and they actually sent a debt validation letter. does that mean paydayonline is actually legal. the letter just looked like a generic letter i am not sure what they are suppose to look like

you probably got the DUNNING letter.that is just a letter informing you of there attempt to collect,who the original creditor is and the supposed balance.there should also be a section stating that you have 30 days to dispute any or all of the debt.that is basically the first communication from a CA.
if it has there address i would send a debt validation letter.send it certified mail return receipt.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 11:36

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

all CA's are going to say that.look on the sample letters on useful links on the lower right of your screen.it should have good DV and C&D letters.you can customize them,print them and send them.

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 12:21

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

what state are you in. It is important to remember that some pdl's do use legal CA's. This is actually a good thing since if your dealing with for example and on line pdl operating illegally in your state, a legitimate CA, may elect to return the account once you make them aware of the situation, or they may be much more willing to work with you.

Submitted by jj on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 12:44

jj

( Posts: 1057 | Credits: )

Quote:

what state are you in. It is important to remember that some pdl's do use legal CA's. This is actually a good thing since if your dealing with for example and on line pdl operating illegally in your state, a legitimate CA, may elect to return the account once you make them aware of the situation, or they may be much more willing to work with you.

This is actually what I'm going through right now. The CA is fully legal and licensed in my state, but the PDL is not. I noticed the collector got a bit uncomfortable when I told him that they were not legal (all the while refusing to verify the debt with him), and tried to work out if they were legal at the time that the loan was given. Then he said he would have the PDL company send me some information.

Waiting to hear back on that now, bet I never see anything.

Submitted by drburr on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 12:55

drburr

( Posts: 108 | Credits: )

Man, I hope so. I actually made that suggestion to him, that he send it back to the original creditor, remove their tradeline, and let me hash it out with them.

As soon as I figure out what happened to it, I'll be filing all of the complaints.

By the way, and for the record, National Service Bureau, and their d/b/a companies (I know Seattle Service Bureau is one) are fully licensed (not just bonded) in IL

Submitted by drburr on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 14:01

drburr

dr, where are you from?. one idea that comes to mind in dealing with an illegal pdl adn legal ca is to remind the CA in writing with a good dv letter is that their attempt to collect a debt that is illegal may expose them to a claim for damages. CA's liek most businesses that have professinoal liability insurance will do anything to avoid a claim since that usually means that if the lose a suit, claim is paid, that they will either have trouoble getting renewed, face very stiff rate hikes etc..

Submitted by jj on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 14:34

jj

I'm in IL. I didn't come right out and tell the guy that he or his firm may be implicated, but I definitely implied it (was on the phone, and recorded). I also started the call off by asking for his company's IL bond or license info, and told him I would be checking it out with the AG prior to sending them any kind of payment should this debt be validated. That also, didn't make him happy, but he definitely kept his professionalism (props to the man on that)

Submitted by drburr on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 14:42

drburr

cool so they know your serious, so instead of sending a dv letter, send them a letter disputing the validity of the debt, stating the reasons why and your intentions to pursue action against the pdl. then you can mention your willingness to pursue any entity that attempts for collect on the debt. make sure you include a statement to the effect that unless they can prove the legality of the debt they are collecting by showing it complies with your state laws, including licensure, you will not discuss the matter any further

Submitted by jj on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 15:13

jj