Skip to main content
index page

I keep asking for help, and not getting answered!!

Submitted by stone19fl on Sun, 08/10/2008 - 23:39
Credits:
[Donate]

I keep getting told to do this and do that, but I have no idea what it is that I am actually supposed to do. I would like more step by step directions, the EXACT do it yourself form to use, etc...So, someone please help me.

I listed all my PDL's in another thread..I dont know which one.

Have a look at the thread I started, "Seven PDLs..." - there's a wealth of advice, and a good template for a Cease And Desist letter.

I actually have 8 PDLs and today I will be calling a lot of state agencies. I also have to talk to my CFO at work and tell him what I am about to do. He will get copies of the C&D letters. Tonight I will email the C&D letter to all 8, customized for each. My account is closed and locked. Friday is payday, and I am terrified, but we all have to stand up for ourselves.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/11/2008 - 03:28

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Stone, I think part of the problem is that you are in the middle of someone else's thread and sometimes when that happens you get lost to us. From now on, we will use this thread and that way we will know you are here and will keep checking for your posts....now... here is what I have so far, and if I have missed something please, bear with me...

I read where you copied information from your bank to the thread. I hate to ask you to do anything over but with your information so scattered I want to try to get it into one place so we can walk you through this step by step and help and I am thinking it may be easier to just start from the beginning.....

Would you please list the companies you borrowed from, how much you borrowed from each and the total of what you have paid back to each. When you borrowed these were you living in FL or NJ? That will make a difference becuase of the laws. Also, you are going to have to close your bank account that they have access to. I know the account is in FL and you are in NJ, but the pdls will continue to debit unless you take away their access to your money. I understand you were advised about the letters. For right now, we are not going to worry about them. Once we know exactly which companies you are dealing with can go from there. NJ Troubled does have great information on their thread so you can read a little and that will give you an idea on what to expect. Please read this about closing your account due to pdl. There is really great information in it that you will need to know when dealing with your bank.

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/paydayloan/close-account.html

Post any questions you have here and a member will answer as quickly as they can.

Submitted by RoxyNY on Mon, 08/11/2008 - 05:16

RoxyNY

( Posts: 4178 | Credits: )

stone. . .I know how frustrated you feel when you first come here. I also know that all the info that bombards you can be overwhelming. Take a moment and read some of the past posts. They really will help sort things out for you. Roxy has given some excellent advise as well. If you can list the info she requested, we could get you started. Please know that you are not alone in this. Hang tight. Help is on the way.

Submitted by llw1995 on Mon, 08/11/2008 - 07:16

llw1995

( Posts: 1422 | Credits: )

you're not alone, i felt that way at first here, too.. i think it's because this is such a large, popular board. but you are in no way alone. i agree it would be most helpful if you could put your info in this thread. this way, it would be less confusing and easier to help you. :)

Submitted by bea2ls on Tue, 08/12/2008 - 11:06

bea2ls

( Posts: 3840 | Credits: )