Share post
member profile picture

HI ... I just recently got inthe to the PDL trap after a few unfortunate setbacks. Basically, in the month of Aug i got PDL's from:

Webpayday $500.00
PaydayMax -Loan $560.00
LOANSHOP/ZURICH -8008069971 $300.00
Biggest Cash -Payday Lns $300.00
500FastCash -CREDIT $300.00

I have already paid $200 towards paydaymax --- and after doing some research last night - came to realize that these transactions are illegal in NJ.

Where do I start??? Can I stop the automatic debits that are scheduled to happen next week before they happen? I definately will repay the original loan amounts --- but, if i can avoid the crazy interest rates and fees --- that would be great. Should I call commerce bank to stop auto debits ASAP or call the ACH companies???

Wow -- I had no idea that these were illegal ....

Thanks for your help.

I hope the information below will help you. :)
You are only obligated to pay back the principal amount you borrowed from an unlicensed/illegal Internet Payday Lender.
What should you do?
Close your account asap, if you are unable to close your account, go into your bank and ask to speak with the Branch Manager, tell him/her you need a hard debit block placed on your account immediately! Explain that you are revoking ACH authorizations from unlicensed/illegal companies, and have learned these companies are notorious for ignoring revocation, therefore it is important to BLOCK any withdrawal attempts on your account to protect your interest. This is your privilege, do not accept no for an answer. The following link will provide you important information regarding closing accounts. CLICK HERE

What next?
AFTER your account is secure send each pdl (the unlicensed and illegal) an email similar to THIS (please scroll down to locate letter template). Tailor this letter to your needs, and try to write it with the same basic concept in your own words. You will need to research and locate email addresses/physical addresses if you don't already have them, I suggest that you type the name of the pdl (example: "oneclickcash address") in the search box in the upper right hand corner of this forum. You may also search for addresses HERE at the Better Business Bureau.

File complaints: Most of the time, you can file a complaint online with the following, I encourage you to follow through with doing so, you will need to search the Internet for your state Attorney General's website, however, here are links to file complaints for the FTC, Online complaints: Federal Trade Commission., and the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

Keep in mind that you may not receive a response for days, or even weeks, or, you may receive harassing and threatening phone calls. I have found the best way to deal with this is not to respond or reply, simply hang up.

Side note: If you have paid an illegal/unlicensed payday lender above and beyond the principal amount you borrowed, it might be a good idea to demand a refund and a paid in full letter/receipt. You may or may not get one or both. It still doesn't hurt to include that tidbit in your letter. :)[/quote]

Sub: #1 posted on Tue, 08/26/2008 - 04:39

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

Shazz. . .has this nice and easy, concise little block of info always been around? It says it all and very nicely to boot. I like it! Kudos to whoever/wherever it came from.

Sub: #2 posted on Tue, 08/26/2008 - 05:21

llw1995 llw1995

(Posts: 1422 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.801 seconds.