Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 5
Credits: 0

My brother has 3 pdl from the internet here in arizona, they are..
1. Cash transfer Center
2. ameriloan
3. united cash loans

each for 300.00 he lost his job and he cant pay until he gets a new one..what are AZ laws for internet PDLs

Hi there cowgirlsara and welcome to the community. How much has he paid back to each of these lenders so far? I will be posting your laws shortly. Meanwhile, I am going to move this topic to the payday loan forum. :)

Sub: #1 posted on Sun, 08/17/2008 - 11:37

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

If you CLICK HERE you can do a search to see if any of his lenders are licensed. Arizona Internet based pdl's to be licensed by that state.

Arizona State Information

Legal Status: Legal

Ariz. Rev. Stat. ???? 6-1251 et seq.

Loan Terms:
Maximum Loan Amount: $500
Loan Term: Min: 5 days
Maximum Finance Rate and Fees: 15% of check
Finance Charge for 14-day $100 loan: $17.65
apr for 14-day $100 loan: 459%

Debt Limits:
Maximum Number of Outstanding Loans at One Time: One
Rollovers Permitted: Three (extensions)
Cooling-off Period:
Repayment Plan:

Collection Limits:
Collection Fees: $25 NSF fee + actual charges assessed by the financial institution
Criminal Action: Prohibited

Where to Complain, Get Information:
Regulator: Arizona Department of Financial Institutions
Address: Financial Enterprises Division, 2910 N. 44th Street, Suite 310 Phoenix AZ 85018
Phone: (800) 544-0708
Fax: (602) 381-1225
Regulatory Contact: Robert Charlton,, Assistant Superintendent of Banks

Sub: #2 posted on Sun, 08/17/2008 - 11:41

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

Cash transfer Center is illegal and based in Canada and Malta. They will attempt to send a wage assignment to your job. It is not a legal document but some employers fall for it. They will call your references and harrass you to death. Your brother will need to email them a revocation letter, I would also suggest that he get his bank account closed asap and open a new one at another bank. I will post more information about revocation letters and a good course of action to follow in the case of illegal ipdl's.

Cash Transfer Centers
Email: customercare(at)
Fax: 866-809-4069
Level 8 Suite 3
Plaza Commercial Center
Bisazza Street
Sliema SLM15, Malta
phone: 1-866-958-3278
fax: 1-866-809-4069

ameriloan/ unlicensed/illegal
3531 P Street NW Miami, OK 74355
Phone 800-362-9090

unlicensed/illegal- DBA names of Rio Resources / MTE Financial.
United Cash Loans
3531 P Street NW
Miami, OK 74355
gphillips at

gphillips at

Sub: #3 posted on Sun, 08/17/2008 - 11:58

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

I hope the information below will help your brother. :)
He is are only obligated to pay back the principal amount he borrowed from an unlicensed/illegal Internet Payday Lender.

What should you do?
Close your account asap, if you are unable to close your account, go into your bank and ask to speak with the Branch Manager, tell him/her you need a hard debit block placed on your account immediately! Explain that you are revoking ACH authorizations from unlicensed/illegal companies, and have learned these companies are notorious for ignoring revocation, therefore it is important to BLOCK any withdrawal attempts on your account to protect your interest. This is your privilege, do not accept no for an answer. The following link will provide you important information regarding closing accounts. CLICK HERE

What next?
AFTER your account is secure send each pdl (the unlicensed and illegal) an email similar to THIS (please scroll down to locate letter template). Tailor this letter to your needs, and try to write it with the same basic concept in your own words. You will need to research and locate email addresses/physical addresses if you don't already have them, I suggest that you type the name of the pdl (example: "oneclickcash address") in the search box in the upper right hand corner of this forum. You may also search for addresses HERE at the Better Business Bureau.

File complaints: Most of the time, you can file a complaint online with the following, I encourage you to follow through with doing so, you will need to search the Internet for your state Attorney General's website, however, here are links to file complaints for the FTC, Online complaints: Federal Trade Commission., and the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

Keep in mind that you may not receive a response for days, or even weeks, or, you may receive harassing and threatening phone calls. I have found the best way to deal with this is not to respond or reply, simply hang up.

Side note: If you have paid an illegal/unlicensed payday lender above and beyond the principal amount you borrowed, it might be a good idea to demand a refund and a paid in full letter/receipt. You may or may not get one or both. It still doesn't hurt to include that tidbit in your letter. :)

Sub: #4 posted on Sun, 08/17/2008 - 12:00

Shazzers Shazzers
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.826 seconds.